Chapter 11

'Easy..easy now," said a light childlike voice. I swiftly glanced to my side and saw children. A girl not more than fifteen stood there before me palms up making pacifying motions to show she...they mean no harm.

I turn back to the adult male by the door and the adult female came to stand beside him. They were a family of mates and their three children. I growled happily. It was beyond anything to see that families did exist for my kind. I realised I had been very sceptical over this even knowing as I did that the males that appeared to mate me and myself could not have appeared out of thin air.

But I had never been part of a family before at least not that I could remember and this was my chance. I spot a closet of some sort by the front door and sprint towards it. Using my mouth I turned the knob and stepped in reared up on my hind paws and on closing the door after a struggle I turned back slipped on a females coat and stepped back out to the giggles of all this family.

'Thats a first," said the adult female between gasps of hilarity. Her mate was still guffawing out loud and the kids were rolling about in laughter.

I shrugged indifferently. The fight outside had my whole attention. 'Who is attacking?" I asked.

'That would be Alpha Romero of the Unicorn pack. The live a greater distance away and would not have been able to respond as swiftly to your call in heat. My guess is that he anticipated the move to bring you here and came to make his claim,' said the adult male.

I sighed. This whole mating and in heat business was just so messed up.

'You should have thought of this before remaining unmated till you are in heat,' the she-wolf said reapprovingly almost accusingly.

'Untill they showed up I had no idea even that I was in heat and no idea at all that others such as myself existed..' I start to explain but just then the battle outside picked up a notch. I had to put a stop to this before some one got hurt. Unthinkingly, I hurl myself towards the door twist the knob open and was out at there facing a ferocios scuffle. With a sense of deja wu I raised my head and howled out for attention.

All glowing golden eyes were redirected towards me.

'Please stop.' I start to say.