Chapter 27

I packed up and left that very night. I was serving no one with my continued pressance here and the pull to the nort grew only stronger. I left a note explaining my departure and requesting that they let their prisoners go.

It hurt to know that Reid was trapped in a cell because of me. He had suffered so much they all have and somehow I felt the burden of it all rest upon my shoulders.

Men have died and been injured because of my scent, my mating call, my being in heat. I don't know how to turn it off only that I must leave put in as much distance between us as I could.

I changed into my wolf form and had a stretch. Ironing out the crinks I took off under the moon light feeling stronger and more powerful then ever before. A high priestess. I had power I was sure of it, to do what, I didn't know and how to tap it, I had no idea but the moon goddess knew. The moon goddess blessed me with it empowering me with a purpose and I knew She would have it all mapped out for me.

I would need only to trust in her and let her lead the way. So I thundered on in her wake, my foot steps literally following the path of her moon beam till the day awakened before us causing the moon beams to recede even as I lengthen my strides and quickened my pace to chase after them.