Chapter 18

"It was said that on a full moon night very much like this night..," Imanual started to explain. I swiftly turned my head up to look at the rising moon. It was beautiful. A round orb that glowed white. I moved away and basked in its glow and my water resilient fur was quick to dry off. I was all fluffy once more. I shook my head to clear my errant thoughts as I went back to Imanual and collapsed on my belly beside him.

"The moon goddess came down a beam of moonlight and gifted the wolf  to Arbinul and Staynoff. The wolf would be joined with their souls. The wolf would be a part of them."

I stared back and spoke to him in his thoughts. That sounds like a romanced version of an alien dropping a symbion in our midst and forcing us to host their shit.

He laughed.

"That would be a modern version. A new legend if you must. In truth, no one really knows if our origin of how we came to be. But I ask you, how has the humans come to be?"

"Evolution from the apes! Everyone knows that." I said adamantly in a take that attitude.

" Well then I guess we evolve from werewolf a human and wolf mix. At least that is one of the many theories."

I sighed guess I was back to square one on this at least.

"Is there any simpler way to find my mate?" I then asked.

"If there is I'm all for it," he said sounding as disgruntled as I.

"You have it easy, if its not me its just not. I have to contend with a whole load of others," I said and shuddered at the thought. My fur rippled about me in a wave at that action.

"If its not you, then I gave to go back to my pack empty handed. There I have to start all over again. We really do live like wolves. We hunt and eat in packs and we compete for our mates. Sometimes, we outright tussle for our other half.

This veneer of civilisation that we coat ourselves with is just that a cover to hide the truth. We are savages, we live to fullfill our needs. You are a need. Turn..I wish to kiss you."

With that I automatically changed back and found myself in his arm. He lowered his lips to mine urgently and craved his. We had just started roving our hands where we would when an approaching wolve tore us apart. We knew it was my chaparone Eric.

We took the few moments we had to kiss some more and that was how Eric found us.

"Geesh..I leave you alone for a few minutes and you guys go at it like rabbits."

We broke apart reluctantly and moved away to change. Then I notice we were not alone. Another wolf was with Eric.

I am Igor . Come.

The dark wolf turned around and ran into the woods. I looked at Imanual and gave him a parting whine then to Eric and dropped him a wolfy scowl before I took off with my new escort into the woods. How did Eric do his random allocations anyway? It looked to me as if he just chose to start off with all the I's. I guess my next beau would be an Ian. How many first names are there starting with I's.

Last names are meaningless here, only the humans put weight on it. To us of the long lived, they change too often. Even more often then the first names.