Chapter 13

"Stop!"

A really old guy stepped outbof a nearby hut. All scuffles immediately halted. This guy whoever he was commanded the respect of every guy here. I looked at him in awe as I scrambled to get to my feet.

Then Joe released the blondie and changed back, "Father!"

"Son."

"Make them leave, father," pleaded Joe of his dad.

"You know I cannot do that but I can impose a no scuffling time limit," with that he raised his head and boomed out his next world in a loud gruff sound that had me shivering in reaction. He had power in those words. I was not alone in being affected by him, others cowered and shivered as well only the odd few, Jie and the blondie included managed to withstand his power. They merely stood there tall and strong.

"The bunkhouse is free, please make use of it. She," he said looking at me will remain with me.

He ignored the groans of protest those words produced.

"You will withstand the call in heat and court her as you would any other she-wolf as a possible mate. Fighting is not the way to win her interest. We will work out a scedule on the morrow."

At that he gestured to me to follow himbl back to his hut. I turned to Joe looking for his guidance and this produce a ripple of disgruntled growls. I sheepishly grimaced in appology as I realised I could not show favouritism at least until the I've made my decision.

So I ignored Joe and blondie as I made my way to follow the old man in.

"Im called Al and thats my mate Josephine. Joe is my youngest and third son and I have four other daughters all with their mates so really I am the safest family with whom you coukd reside with until this mess is sorted."

He did not look at me with an accusing look so I turned my surprised gaze up at him.

"You know I did not intentionally cause this by not mating earlier. Can you read my mind too?"

"I heard all about you from Joe. I cannot read your mind only those in this pack. Joe and the other unmated male wolves can read yours only because you are an unmated female in heat. Once you've mated only your mate can read your thoughts and you his. Only the males' minds are linked within a pack so your privacy will be what you were used to with just one exception. If that is all, I'd really like to get some sleep. This is too much excitement for one my age."

I was quick to nod and rush out my thanks before I followed my hosts lead and moved into what must have been Joes room and settled in for my own sleep. Joe I assumed would be in the bunk house with the rest. That was only fair.