Chapter 16

Eric and I spent the morning doing paperwork and devising new means of trying to sort through this mating mess. I knew the men like me were beyond frustrated. Everytime one of them went past me I was raking with shivers and I knew they were similarly affected. I was on the verge of jumping someones bones by the end of my first day for I spent almost the entire day brushing against one or the other.

I felt certain that I would be the one running raggard from the lot by the time I finally find my mate. There has to be an easier way. I decided to find it. I was sure the ancients at this pack camp would have some idea. I was determined to find it. There must be some scriptures as well and that would be a good place to start. This was a whole knew ball game and at the moment I was as gullible as a new born trying to find my way through thus mess. Knowledge would cure me of a lot miss conceptions and arm me with something other than this blasted indicision.

I resolutely ignored yet another ripple of pleasure as my casanovas closed in for the kill. I turned to Eric who seemed bogged down with papers as he scribble furiously and looked through a list of potentials that my potential mates willingly gave their name to. He was planning the fairest way to a lot every possible second of my day to tge company of someone so that we could hurry this process along. I felt a headache coming on just staring at the damn list.

"Eric?..Eric?" I called for his attention and was greeted by growls from several of my intendeds. They were not happy that I was asking for another males attention. It did not matter that he was off the list.

"Hmm...?" said Eric still preoccupied with his lists and quite unperturbed by the viscious growls that rumbled about him.

"Do you have a library?"

"A what...?" he finally looked up confused by my request for it had nothing to do with our pending problem. All right, my pending problem.

"You know someplace where I can read up on my being a wolf," I say determinedly.

"Get your priorities right! First things first! Find your mate then you can spend all the time reading to your hearts content," Eric said slowly and placatingly as if explaining to a two year old why she cannot have a candy.

I let loose my own growl at that. I hated treated like a bimbo. Its happened in the past once or twice and whoever had the gal to talk like that to me did not fare well. I'd like to say they did not make it to live another day but that would be a lie. I do not as a rule kill people. It had always been a rule with me. I had stupidly thought once that if I did the transformation would be complete and I would remain a wolf for all eternity.

I had a lot of possibilities to what I really was. Having never met my kind before I considered every possibilities from being satan's spawn to the more recent due to Hollywood's propongada the werewolf. I still did not really know what I was.

The library would really help in everything. I was sure.

"The school campus library is best. You might even want to consider joining the school. There are classes relating to learning more of our specie."

I looked behind me and craned to see who said this but tge speaker was behind my many 6 ft over beau's.