Chapter 3

We were ravenous in our kisses as if we could not get enough of each other. My fingers clawed into his naked back and he jerked his hips to thrust his rod against my core. My legs had involuntarily crept about his waist to clutch him to me as if I would never let go.

Then howls errupted all around us and I shivered in panic and wrenched my lips free. He growled a warning and made a move to recapture my lips before the howls around us finally penetrated the sensual fog that had enveloped us.

He tensed within my clasp but I only held on stronger. I was not about to let him go and face what I assume were more hostile males.

His attention snapped back to me silently acknowledging my fear for his safety he reached behind me to wrench the car door open before leaning in right over to the passanger seat and depositing me in it. In a lighting flurry of movement we were secured in out seats and he wad excellarating down the winding drive.

I silently cursed Malcom and his propensity for the dramatic. Was it really necessary to have a mile long winding drive to his home in the country when I knew a simple drive right off the nearby toll free highway was more than a possibility. I decided then and there never to visit him again, his charities be damned. There were other charities that could use my money just as well.

The drive progressed in tense silence. Then I broke it.

"My name is Sam, short for Samantha, whats yours?" I asked needing something to call him though I knew my name was as meaning less to him as his would be to me. For it changed every fifteen years or so. But I did need something to call him.

"Mine is Joe," he said deflatingly.

"Really? Thats it? That was all you could come up with? Maybe I should have called myself Jane then, Jane Smith," I say sarcastically somewhat dissappointed with his lack of orriginality. Although, Samantha was hardly orriginal but it wasn't a blank canvas that Joe inspired.

" No, I like Sam just fine," Joe says his lip twitching in the corner.

I sighed again vastly disappointed, it appeared the love of my life is disgustingly short of words. I could see I would not be getting any flowery flattery or similar mumbo jumbo from this one. But the howls could still be heard closing in, there was still a chance to pick another.

"Over my dead body," he turned to glare at me proving my suspicions correct that he could read my mind, then he continued in a harsh tone,"and yours too."

This time I shivered wholly in fear.