Chapter 8

"You are dropping me off arent you?"

"Yes, I have to dint you realise you are a weak link," I say unperturbed.

"Geesh you dont hesitate on pulling the punches dont you?" I could see he was hurt but at the moment I really did not care.

"No, I dont," I agreed with out ceremony.

The rest of the drive went in silence. I could not take him far not with the angry howls still resounding in my ears. This was the nearest public transport. The bus was already there and about to pull away. I swung right accross the road and pulled to a horizontal stop right in front of the bus. It jerked to a halt as the quick thinking driver pull all required for an urgent stop. I ignored the irrate driver who now moved to exit the vehicle and instead I turned rapidly to Dorion.

"Get out!" I said without preamble. "Get your ass on that bus and haul ass out of here as far as you can go, you hear. Go to Rome or something. Have yourself a holiday. Find your better half Nd have a bunch of kids. Tell them about me and one day I will stop by to enquire hows my fortune going."

"Thats it? That is all you will enquire about? Nothing about me?"

I looked him in the eye," You know the drill. No attachments." I say with a hard glint in my eye.

"Thats what you say now but I know you better..You cant fool me," Dorion says exiting the vehicle.

So as he shut the door I pull back and do a quick about turn. I left it to him to deal with the angry drive. Road rage was all the rage. He trained daily with me. He could well enough handle himself in any situation. Just not among our kind. We'd squash him like a bug.

He was not wrong about me hurting either. I angrily swiped away the tears that rushed down my cheeks. It had to happen anyhow. It always did.