Chapter 24

Eric showed up bright and early and had the pleasure to breakfast with us ladies. He shamelessly teased and flattered us throughout and all too soon he was bundling me out the door.

I was to go see Ried today and I was unaccountably uneasy. Although our last encounter was somewhat armourous I did not believe he would hold me in good light. I was after all the very cause of his imprisonment. I was sure that did not bode well for me.

I was presently surprised by the clean environment of the prison. It was almost plush in the luxury it contained and that made me think this prison was solely for Reid. His pack was kept at a separate holding area. One, I was sure, that actually resembled a prison.

There was some minor formalities and rules thatvI had to be briefed on but all too soon I was face to face with an expressionless Reid.

We stared silently at each other for a while. Me, nervously and Reid, somewhat indifferently then unable to stand it anymore, I blurted out," I'm sorry!"

He did not respond. I continued to stare unashamedly at his overgrown blond hair and his handsome profile before I met his gaze in ernest and said, "I did not know you were imprisoned. I would like for them to release you. It is not right that you are kept like this."

Still, I got no response other then the blank stare. I started to shift nervously before finally deciding he did not want me here and that I should leave. I was feeling unusually heavy boned. I realised I was strangely physically reluctant to leave. Using additinonal efforts I managed to break my gaze from his and to turn towards the door. I wasnt even sure I could make it and so was doubly glad that he finally spoke.

"Don't leave," he ripped out in a vicious growl. I visually shuddered in reaction.