03; Clash

Oikawa was mad. He was sulking in a hidden corner on the rooftop.
Despite that, you had no trouble finding him, since his best friend let you know where to go. And there he was hugging his knees with pouty lips, head leaned back on to the wall.
The setter noticed you but prefered to avoid eye contact. Maybe because you were still wearing the paperbag, only this time with holes so you'd be able to see.
Even though you knew that he had wanted Iwa-chan to show up, you sat down beside him and tried to start a conversation.

"I thought you would be in the gym for sure."

Silence. You thought it might be because of the paperbag. It was obvious even to you that it didn't quite fit the serious and awkward mood. While in your train of thoughts he suddenly started to talk.

"Anyone would have expected I'd go there. So I didn't."

"I see, so you're actually smart huh?"

That wasn't really what you wanted to say, it just slipped your mind. Oikawa stared at you with an intense hatred.

"Uhm, I'm sorry I didn't-"

"Don't bother, I know you're pretending to be a good person and to get along with me, just so Iwa-chan will like you. Because he treasures me so much that he would want his favourite person in the World to get along with his girlfriend, BUT-...
I'm not planning to ever get along with you. So could you leave?!"

And now you've done it. Iwa-chan told you to think before speaking, too.
But since it didn't matter to you now, you decided to just go all the way and fix what you broke.

"Alright, I'll make it short so please listen properly! I never intended to stand between the two of you, Iwa-chan is not at fault here so don't be mad at him, okay? The least thing I want to do is break apart a friendship!"

Carefully he looked at you in the corner of his eyes. You knew that a bit more sweet talk, a handful apologies and lifting him up in the heavens would make you his best girl in the world, so...

"And I didn't pretend at all. I seriously feel sorry for such a big whiny kid that runs off crying like that just because he read the whole situation wrong."

You could literally feel the hatred emmitting out of his body but you were far from being done.

"A Playboy like you with a best-friend complex... you're nothing more. You think just because you're extremely attractive that everyone will forgive you and that you own the world but believe me when I say that you don't have anything besides Iwa-chan, which is also why you're clinging to him. Because no one else gets the real you, because no one else cares-"

Staring into the wide open brown orbs you realized what you had just done. You overdid it AGAIN.

Oikawa being fed up with the whole situation quickly reached out his hand for you.
You, still lost in your thoughts only noticed how the paperbag was pulled from your head.
He crumpled the paper and threw it right on your forehead. With wide eyes it was now you that stared.

"As I thought, it is you after all."

He stood up, with a slight grin and a devilish look on his face.

"Well now.. After saying such harsh words I hope you're prepared?"

Not liking to be looked down upon, you stood up as well, crossed your arms and gave him a look that said "prepared for what?!".
He fixed your gaze by grabbing your chin with his fingers.

"Prepared for war, honey!"

He let go and walked off, slightly glancing back just to see that you didn't move a muscle.
He guessed that you were scared stiff, in fact you were seething and fuming, and you swore that you would win this.
No way would you loose and switch schools again.