48; shaping words

You stood in the hallway together with Kageyama, carrying paper stacks and seeing Oikawa kiss Akuzawa, that at this point in time was still unknown to you.

"A-are you alright? Hey! Keep it together." Kageyama called out troubled.

"What are you talking about, I am fine!"

Despite your smile he wasn't convinced since at the same time tears were streaming down your face.

He took your staple, put it on the ground before grabbing your arm and pulling you down the aisle.

"The infirmary is nearby, let's get you there."

Luckily no one passed you, no one saw you cry. The infirmary was empty as well.

"I'll handle the papers, rest a little here."

"It's nothing really, it's fine."

But every time you said those words you couldn't help but tear up.

"Oh my!" The school nurse came in. "What happened."

"Ah she- she has a stomach ache! I'll leave her in your care!" his head turned to you once more. "I'll just deliver the print outs."

He dashed off, seemed panicked though. The nurse came closer to check on you.

"Does it hurt badly?"

Only now you realised just how much it pained you. Waterworks started yet again and you tried to not get too loud.

'Mom, dad... I'm sorry, I can't bring him over for dinner anymore...'

"Ye- *hic*- yeah, it *sob* it hurts."

She patted your back and led you to the bed. You lied down, still crying.

"Would you like a pain killer or a warm tea?"

"*sob* Tea is fine."

---

Hours passed and you were still laying in the infirmary.

When the break was close to end you wanted to go back but the nurse told you to stay.

You cried so much that the pain must have been really bad, so you were supposed to rest longer; or so she said.

However, another lesson was over and it was time to head back.

Or so you thought, but exhausted from crying so much you slept in.

And as you woke up the last lesson was close to end.

Suddenly the door slid open and Iwaizumi came to pick you up.

"Don't say anything, please." You thought he might scold you.

"...Are you feeling better? I'm sorry I didn't come earlier. I was beating up someone, I took longer than I planned to."

"It couldn't be helped. He didn't want to go out with me. He said so clearly. At that time they were already dating, I figured." you said now sitting up.

Your friend sighed, sitting himself on the edge of the bed.

He didn't say anything and just rubbed your back.

"I had to realise like that, in the hardest way." you mumbled but he heard it nevertheless.

"So you're admitting it now? The second you speak it out loud it becomes true; that's what you said."

"...yeah. At this point lying to myself any longer doesn't make much sense."

"So will you confess?"

"He has a girlfriend..."

"But he loves you."

"He's made a decision. And that doesn't include me. I'll support him either way but for now-"

"You want to keep hiding your feelings?"

"That's for the best, don't you think?"

"...your concern is that girl right?! Whether he breaks up because he realises you love him or that he can't give up on you- she will get hurt either way and isn't sooner better than later?"

"Tsk, tsk, tsk... He could also
fall in love with her, don't you think?"

"You two are such dimwits."

---

You were back at lunch break when Oikawa stormed off. Just then you remembered your conversation with Miura.

"Say Miura, there was something about Akuzawa that you haven't told me yet?"

"!!! How could I have forgotten! That girl is famous for being a human succubus. Until now they're wasn't a boy she couldn't tempt. But- I don't know, I can't imagine it seeing and talking to her."

"Hey, shouldn't have someone told that Oikawa before he started developing feelings?"

"He knew from the start! That's the point."

"...You're not saying that's why he approached her?"

"That's not it." A different female voice suddenly appeared.

Behind you stood Lily Shrimp (you're dead set on only calling her by that nickname until graduation).

"I was the one who told her to go after him. It was a plan to steal him away from you, no matter how."