51; Tanabata

"Is this really right like this?"

"I don't know, I never wore something like that."

Your mom tried helping you wear a yukata. Today was a summer festival to celebrate the annual union of Hikoboshi and Orihime - the lovers of the summer triangle.
But to both of you the yukata was a rather unfamiliar piece of clothing.

"Maybe you should ask a mother from one of your friends."

In the end you decided to go to the Oikawas, since they're the closest. Just when you wanted to ring the doorbell the door already opened, revealing young Oikawa.

"Huh? Why are you here? You need something?"

"To be honest, I don't know how to wear a yukata and I hoped maybe-"

"Come on in." he smiled, leading the way.

Taking off your shoes the male ran up ahead, calling out to his mom. She hurried over, welcoming you warmly.

"Whuaah what a cute girlfriend you have there, let's go to Tõru's room I'll help you change there!" his mother wrapped her arm around your form, leading the way.

"We're not going out though." you replied softly.

"Eehhh why not?" you guessed that Oikawa Tõru takes after his mother. "Ah you know what, it's none of my business!" and with that she closed the door.

---

Nervously Oikawa shifted in his seat. He was in the living room, waiting for you to be done.

》Iwa-chaaaan, she's in my room half naked, what should I do?《

He texted but there was no reply.

He decided to go and ask how much longer it would take but as he got close to the door he froze.

"What do you think of Tõru?"

"About Tõru-kun?" his mother forced you to call him that since it's confusing when you call them all Oikawa.

"Actually I-" your voice faded into the noise of the doorbell. Mother Oikawa called for his son to get the door and so he did.

Just to receive a punch as soon as the door was open.

"What did you do, Assikawa?!" Iwaizumi stood in the door frame fuming.

"I didn't do anything I swear, I don't even know what you're talking about!" the setter sprawled on the floor, hands up in defense.

"Oh Iwa-chan is already - wait what are you doing there on the ground?!" you said walking down the stairs, which was a lot harder than expected.

Oikawa didn't say a word, still laying on the floor. Just when you were about to ask how much longer he would stare, you tripped, about to fall onto him. But Iwaizumi caught you just in time.

"I-Iwa-chan... IT hurts!" in the act of saving you Iwaizumi stepped on Oikawa.

[sorry

[sorry. that one was necessary.]

---

"Take a picture so you can stop staring at me already." you whined.

After Oikawa too changed into his yukata you three went to the festival. But he wouldn't keep his eyes off of you, so he kept walking against others, or stepped into all kinds of things.

You wouldn't directly look at him, wondering if he focused on you because the clothes looked weird. Regardless you saw a flash in the corner of your eye.

When you threw him a displeased look he made another one. He shoved you against Iwaizumi and laid his arm around your waist, holding the camera up once more.

*flash*

...

"Bwuhaha- you look like a deer in headlights!!!" Oikawa pointed at the picture and you punched his side, obtaining the phone in the process.

"I'll just delete it..."

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO it has the three of us, DOON'T"

But it was already too late. You handed him the device back and he had little tears in the corner of his eyes.

"And you looked so cute too..." he mumbled, not knowing that you send it to your phone before deleting it from his.

---

After strolling around and looking through the stalls, you searched for a quiet, higher located place. Soon there was a firework to launch, so you went onto a small hill.

"It's still a little time left, I'll go and get your promised takoyaki." Oikawa said pulling out his wallet, but Iwaizumi snatched it from his hand.

"Oh so it's your treat? Then I'll go and get it for us."

Oikawa grumbled after his friend but he understood that he did it to get him some time alone with you. For a while you chatted normaly about trivial things. The trails around the stalls were getting less busier and you noticed a lot of people holding hands.

"Say, Oikawa..."

"Call me Tõru."

"Oi-ka-wa..., if you were Hikoboshi, and you knew that you would see your lover only once a year... would you rather not had known that she loved you?"

"I don't know. Maybe knowing would make it harder to leave her every time. But maybe the time together would be worth it too."

He stopped talking and you stared back into the starry sky. It became silent and you wondered when Iwaizumi would come back, you were getting hungrier by the second. But then suddenly Oikawa yelled.

"No, definitely. It would be worth it. I would want to know it. Even if it meant pain."

"...You're weird." a smile crept on your face.

"But you like that about me, don't you?"

You just snorted and laughed in response. Iwaizumi now joined both of you with the takoyaki and the three of you watched the fireworks together munching before heading back home.