26; bad charm

The girl looked dazzled, holding her hand in front of her face to hide her blush.

"But, why would THE Oikawa-kun want to go on a date with me?"

"Who wouldn't want to with a girl as cute as you?"

"I'm no match for the girl you're always with lately."

"I'm not with her right now, right?"

A smile spred on her face. This was his expertise, his talent. He felt desired, cool, superior.

It was so very easy, she was already at his feet, totally succumbed-

"I'm sorry I can't."

"Huh?"

"I said no."

She looked at him all cute while his chin almost hit the ground.

"It's just that, the easier you get me the easier you can leave me as well. And we both don't want that, right?"

'Alright, that girl is good, but I'm better...'

"Oh but in the end you will just regret that you didn't went out with me sooner, and we don't want that either."

"See you soon, Oikawa-kun!"

She left him standing there shocked.

'Is it me? Did I lose my charm?'

Slightly irritated he went to his classroom, his feet slouching on the ground.

Then someone cut his path but kept running.

Too dejected to care he let it slide.

As he made it to his destination he saw you pulling his best friend away.

'Buuhh, why is she not clinging to me, I could use a hug ...'

The setter followed both of you and made a halt a few cm behind you, wondering weither he should close in for an embrace or resist.

But he was already noticed by his friend, so he gave a small greeting and you turned to him now too.

'She's cute, alright, but that doesn't mean I'm into her. Iwa-chan clearly doesn't know me at all.'

He watched you moving your mouth but barely listened.

He only made out a few words, which he based his answer on, which luckily fit.

Only when he was surprised by big eyes staring intensely at him he snapped out of his thoughts.

'KYAAA'

He quickly figured what to say and gave your phone back.

At first he wanted to delete the picture but in the end he didn't.

It would be nice to tease you once in a while.

As if he never did.

---

After class he gathered his things and waited for his friend.

"You can go on ahead, I'm not going to practise today." the ace said, leaving the other surprised.

"Huh? Why?"

"I want to check on your alien." he grinned teasingly which left the other blush in embarrassment.

"I have a weird feeling. You go to practice."

"Iwa-chan you're such a mom."

"What did you say?!"

But the setter already ran off.

So he arrived at the gym, changed into something comfortable and began warming himself up.

"Oikawa, what do you think you're doing?!"

He looked at the couch puzzled, not sure what he meant.

"Go home, you've been training non-stop lately. I don't want you to overwork yourself. Kageyama will fill in for you today."

Ouch.

"Why?! No!!!"

"If you get hurt because of training you can't play when it counts. Rest is important too."

Pouting he made his leave and changed back into his uniform.

He wondered if his friends where still at school, so he went past the corridor of your classroom. Your voice stopped him from opening the door, so he only listened.

"I'm not done yet, I need to clean the blackboard too."

"I still don't get it, why did you agree to do all that?!"

"You read the note, so you should know."

"No I don't! They're not even going out."

"Yet."

"He doesn't even like her."

"Eventually he will some day."

"..."

While you where cleaning the board you could feel his sharp stare digging into your back.

"Wh-what is it, stop that!"

"What happened?"

"Huh?!"

"Something happened between you two. Isn't that it?"