61; Cynosure

It was graduation day.

You sat in the classroom reminiscing about the past year. A lot painful things happened yet the happy memories make it even.

Since it was the last day for the third years, most of the girls gathered around Oikawa. They all wanted the button of his uniform, seemingly it was a kind of confession, so naturally they asked if they could have one.

In your hands was the love letter you were told to write in class. Iwaizumi had given it to you that day, since you were supposed to receive it on the last day of school.

You haven't seen Oikawa yet. Though you didn't plan on giving it to him, neither walking home with him, you watched them standing at the gates in awe.

"We managed to win one set against Shiratorizawa! Next time we'll win for sure! And when that happened I'll come and visit you. So just wait until then. I'll come for sure." Oikawa had said that after their last match and it made you feel less scared.

Scared that he might forget after you leave.

Scared that his feelings may dissappear.

Scared that everything will change too much as it could go back to how it used to be.

He just had to win after all.

Maybe that's why you didn't feel like going home with him and Iwaizumi.

"He should go home with his best friend, since it's the last time. Lovers come and go but friends stay forever."

"So that's why you're sitting here, coward." if Lily hadn't spoken, you wouldn't have realised that you voiced your thoughts aloud.

"Wha-"

"It's your last chance as well, what does it matter if you break up one day. Are you giving all your effort? You're the one telling me I didn't even try! How about I go and get the last button that he seemed to save for someone."

You stared at her in shock, not able to comprehend why she would help you, which she seemed to realise.

"Don't get me wrong, I'm not helping you. But Oikawa's happiness stands above all. And currently his happiness is bound to the idiot girl that sits on his desk, watching him from his classroom and trying to lie about not minding that he'll not go home with you."

"...Thank you."

"Now go before I steal him away for real." before she could finish her sentence you had already stormed off towards the gates.

You actually found it funny, you told Oikawa not to wait and yet he has been standing there for over ten minutes. He wouldn't budge from that spot. You already understood that and yet...

"OIKAWA TÕRU! I LOVE YOU!" you screamed at the top of your lungs, he was still a small distant away. He didn't really look surprised but his eyes welled up with tears of happiness, before he took a deep breath to shout back.

"YOU MADE ME WAIT FAR TOO LONG! HURRY UP ALREADY."

At his missing confession your pace disappointingly dropped to walking. But he was impatient, impatient to hug you until you're squished nearly to death. Without him realising he took steps forward until his feet started to run and closed the distant rapidly. He wrapped his arms around and threw you up in the air, catching you afterwards obviously.

He pushed you back so that he could detach his second button easily.

"There's a saying, male students were giving away their second button - the one that's closest to the heart - before they went far away because of war. I may not be the one leaving and neither are you going to war but I still want you to have it. It's supposed to remind you of our time and no matter what happens, this time will forever be ours." he said while ripping the thread that held the button on the uniform and reached it out towards you.

After taking it and looking at it closely, suddenly a white something appeared in front of your vision.

"Please accept this too." Oikawa held out a white envelope and a slight blush was present on his cheeks. "I know that you're leaving tomorrow already but you don't need to read it immediately. Read it whenever you like."

So he said, so when you were standing at the airport without having anything else to worry about you opened the envelope and fished for the letter inside.

~~~
[A/N]
I'm so sorry for various reasons, first
What is this, graduation? ! Wasn't it just the time for the festival? !
Well, yeah and that's the second reason I'm sorry about
I was stuck, like I didn't knew what to write my head was just empty. I thought it would go by but after- how long was it? - weeks where I didn't update I chose to skip to this instead.
There wasn't very much left that was still planned so I decided to put what's missing in the sequel, or if I update it here I would at least tell it in another authors note, so you won't miss it if you deleted this out of your library.

YET, I'll post on my twitter the beginning of the chapters I started writing, oh and you can still vote for which event you'd like at the festival. (At this point I started writing two scenarios because I thought it might ease my writers block- well it didn't)

NEXT CHAPTER IS DONE SINCE OCTOBER or something SO AS COMPENSATION IT'LL COME TOMORROW INSTEAD OF IN TWO DAYS!
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

or maybe today in the evening, depending on how I feel like it (current time 11.48)