59; looking ahead

It was a beautiful day and of course with such a weather it was fated to become crowded.

Just then you faintly heard your name being called. You looked around but saw no one looking so you thought you misheard something.

That is until suddenly you felt a hand on your shoulder, keeping you from walking.

"...Chichibu?" you muttered not believing your eyes.

The girl that you called your best friend half a year ago.

The girl that you owe your nickname, the rumours, the bullies and finally the school change.

"Can we talk? Maybe at a place where it's a bit calmer?" she shyly suggested and you agreed.

There was worry etched on Oikawas face, his grip on your hand just slightly tightened. He knew it was a bad thing to feel that way but he was grateful for Chichibu.

If not for her, he wouldn't stand here with you. He wouldn't even know you, and that thought made him feel even worse. Even if it was selfish of him to feel that way, he couldn't help it.

But truth is, you felt the same way. There was no trace of grief towards her, how could you hate her if thanks to her you got to know Oikawa.
Not to forget Iwaizumi, Miura and Kageyama.

Besides until then she has always been a great friend to you.

So when you reached a quiter area you started talking before she could.

"If you want to apologise, then there's no need to. I already-"

"There is a need! I need to because you used to be my best friend and yet I've done such horrible things! I feel so sorry about everything.
I knew that he was the one who confessed, I knew that you only were nice to him because he was my boyfriend, I knew you felt miserable when he confessed to you."

She was on the verge of tears now, trying hard to keep her composure so she wouldn't suddenly start to yell.

"My friends were the ones who started those rumours and the nickname, I should have spoken up. But instead-"

"But instead you decided to dwell in self-pity because it was a lot easier then defending your best friend." Oikawa hissed and you tried holding him back.

"He's right, I've been hurting from the break up and ... just gave in." she admitted ashamed.

"Have you any idea how much she suffered?! Not only at your school but at her current one too!" the male was angered badly.

"Oikawa, it's enough already."

"No it isn't! She hurt you!"

"But you did too! And yet here we are on a d-da- meeting and- ... what I'm trying to say is those things happen and I'm trying to look ahead instead of dwelling on the stupid things in the past."

You now faced back to the girl that had tears rolling down her cheeks from Oikawas scolding. "And I'm hoping that by listening to her, Chichibu can start looking ahead as well." you smiled at her and she started wiping away her tears.

"I have forgiven you long ago. Thank you." you patted her head which only intensified her crying.

"Thaank *sob* yoouuu."

---

Chichibu and you now sat on a bench. Oikawa decided to get some sweets to calm her down.

"He's really kind. And he cares deeply about you." the girl said with red eyes.

"Yeah, I know..."

"I'm sorry, I ruined your date, didn't I?"

"Ah it's fine, I think... today is his birthday as well so..."

"I have such a bad timing... I'll leave immediately!"

"You really don't have to. I'm glad that you talked to me. That we finally sorted it out."

"Yes I'm too. I had to before I couldn't get another chance... Will he be alright? Time's almost up, isn't it?"

"Actually... I haven't told him yet."

"Huh?! You didn't?! That's the first thing you told me, even before your name!"

"Just- look at him!" you pointed to his beaming and waving figure in the distance. "He's really making it hard always being that cheerful around me!"

"Did you wait long? I got cotton candy, mint chocolate chip ice cream and a glazed apple. I should have asked beforehand what you both would have liked." he held out the candy for you both to choose.

Afterwards he sat down beside you, munching on the treat that was left over. You leaned to the other side, towards the female, whispering softly.

"I am planning on telling him today though."

"Mmh? What are you planning on telling me?" he grinned and the girl only chuckled.