56; clasp

Just a few more days until his birthday and you don't know what to give him for a present yet.

You sighed heavy, no one was there to hear anyway. School was over for quite a while now but you couldn't find the energy to actually get up and leave.

Then suddenly the door slid open, but you were too lazy to look who it was so you kept staring into space.

"What are you still doing here?" you were certain that this voice belonged to Kageyama.

"Just sitting, and thinking."

"So you haven't found a present yet."

You shook your head.

"You'll find something soon. You're just thinking about it too much." his voice was quite monotone and you wondered if he was actually only pretending to care.

"How come you're not at practise?" you said now facing him.

"Everyone is busy getting Oikawa out of the gym. He wants to train since a practice match soon comes up."

"You're kidding me, right?!"

But he wasn't.

---

"Pleeeaase, let me practice! It's just a sprain and I rested yesterday already!" As you reached the gym the brunette was banging against the door desperately.

"You have a serious addiction there..." at the sound of your voice his head snapped in your direction.

Normally Iwaizumi would have resolved to beat some sense into him, so he was already preparing himself mentally.

But you weren't Iwaizumi.

You stretched out your hand to him and after flinching he eyed it confused.

"Let's go home..." you choked embarrassed.

His eyes glistened before taking your hand. His was really warm and just slightly sweaty. But his humming sounds suggested that he was happy.

"I wish you were in the same class as me." Oikawa said squeezing your hand.

"Why is that?"

"Because I'd get to spend even more time with you, it's just not quite enough." he threw you a wink but you wore a dark expression.

"Aahh sorry, did I say something wrong?"

"It's fine, I'm sorry. I just recalled something, nothing important though... is it okay to borrow Iwa-chans bike? I forgot to ask."

"Sure, he only brought it because of me anyway." he seemed to not ask further and you were glad.

---

"Want to drop by somewhere along the way? I don't feel like going home yet." he suggested as you were riding the bike together, leaning his head on your back.

"Sure, I don't mind. Where do you want to go?"

"How about the café over there?"

---

"Whooaah there are a lot of couples inside." You looked inside through the window. "Isn't it embarrassing if we also-" but he already grabbed your hand and pulled you inside.

"Let's go!" his eyes were sparkling as he laced his fingers with yours. That warm genuine smile of his always made you melt.

Just like the other people around you.

But somehow it was fine, he had only eyes for you, and frequently he made sure you knew that.

You now sat in front of each other. He steadied his head with his hand, watching you immersed while his other hand played with your fingertips.

Everyone was watching the both of you and it actually was really embarrassing, you could barely look up.

But at the squish from his hand you did and he leaned over, as if to tell something secret.

"Is it just me or is everyone watching us?" he softly whispered and you couldn't help but laugh at this.

He leaned back, looking to your hand in his. His cheeks were slightly pink, he thought that you were especially cute when laughing. But he was afraid that if he told you and you would laugh more often that others would see you like that too.

And that was unacceptable.

With his thumb he stroked your hand and eyed you carefully. There was no noteworthy reaction from you however.

"You do remember what I said about not wanting me to do something?" he was a bit bummed over how you were unfazed.

"Yeah, I do." you now too stroked his hand with your thumb.

"Ehm sorry, do you know already what you want to order?" the waitress came towards your table, shyly taking out her notebook.

"Sorry, we're leaving after all." the male stood up, not letting go of your hand.

"Huh, Oikawa?!" he pulled you out of the café, not saying a word.

"Oikawa, stop already-" swiftly he turned and pulled you towards him into a hug.

"Honestly, you always make me-" but he was interrupted by screams.

You still stood in front of the café and the broad windows revealed the scene, making the people inside cheer loudly.

Embarrassed you quickly made your get away before you walked at a slower pace and he held your hand once again.