54; headway

"So, we have arrived."

"Already...?" he sighed a deep tone of disappointment.

During the ride he refused to hold onto the bike instead of your waist. It threw you off balance but even though you told him, it was no use.

He said he'd rather fall than letting a chance to cling onto you go to waste.

Yet somehow you managed to get there in one piece.

"Should I help you get inside?"

"Yes, yes please!"

A few minutes later he lied in bed and you made a pile with pillows, putting his leg up high.

"Is this alright?"

He grinned happily, nodding and you kept standing there, watching the injury.

"Does it hurt?"

"Just a little bit but it will be fine in a few days."

You bend down, placing a peck on his bandaged ankle. His eyes and mouth widened, his heart skipped a few beats.

"My mom used to do that when I was hurting, so..."

"Iwa-chan! Iwa-chan threw a ball in my face earlier! That hurts too, especially the lips! Kiss it better please?"

"If you don't need anything else I should go now..."

"Nooo wait wait wait please! Can't you stay just a little longer? I'm all alone if you go..."

"...So spoiled." with that you sat down next to his bed slightly embarrassed, your back facing the male.

He scooped closer, planting a faint kiss over the fabric between your shoulder blades.

"Your reward~" so he said but truth is he just wanted to kiss you.

"What is it, want to tell me something?" he hummed, noticing how you clenched the hem of your skirt.

Now you were certain that he must already know that you liked him.

And if he did, there's not really anything to be nervous about, right?

"Saturday, let's go somewhere... If you're free, that is."

"Don't tell me Joõ-chan is asking me out on a date?"

"That's right, I am."

One look at his face and you knew that it was time to go. His mouth hung wide open and it wasn't clear whether he was actually still conscious or not.

You closed the door of his room behind you, taking a deep breath to calm down. Then you remembered about the brace, he didn't apply it yet.

"Sorry, I forgot-" there he was hugging a pillow overjoyed until he saw you.

"Ah uhm sorry, the brace, I forgot to apply it and uhm..." it was hard not to laugh and he pointed embarrassed at the shelf next to you.

You took something that you assumed to be a brace and spotted a children drawing.

"Who's that drawing from?"

"Probably from my nephew, which one?"

You gave him the paper and started to carefully wrap the brace around the ankle. You eyed his expression, trying to guess if you tied it too tight.

His face was all scrunched up.

"Ah sorry, does it hurt?"

"No, no you're doing it perfectly. Besides if it hurts you can just kiss it better again."

".. I love you..."

"?!?! What? What did you just say?"

"The paper, that's what's written on the back."

"...I figured." disappointed he turned it around to stare at the letters.

"Well, you seem fine now, I should be taking my leave.. bye then."

"One last request before you go! ...hug me?" his sparkling eyes rivaled the starry sky and he pursed his lips at which you couldn't help but give in.

"So spoiled..." you whispered for the second time today as you wrapped your arms around his neck.

He gripped you tightly, pulling you with him backwards onto the bed at which you tensed up.

"Don't worry, I'm not doing anything." he said calmly, stroking your back. It was comfortable so you soothed into his embrace.

"One more thing..." he spoke with a relaxed yet concerned voice. "You shouldn't agree to hug people because they ask you to but rather because you want to, okay? Others could use that in their favor."

"...It's fine if it's you." your words reminded him of the time he had a fever and he understood now that it wasn't a dream after all.

"Then I ain't letting you go anymore. Since it's fine if it's me~" he purred charmed while giving you a squeeze.

It was just a hug but it felt like pure bliss, and you could have sworn that your heart beats aligned.

"Hey?" he mumbled and you hummed back inqueringly.

"I could still use your help with something."

"Sure, what is it?" you now leaned back up slowly, just a little disappointed that he let you out of his clasp.

"I still need to change out of my uniform." he chirped giving you a wink.

"You wish." you ruffled his hair before actually going home for real.