49; supersoaker

Mad at the world Oikawa was stomping through the halls.

He looked for his girlfriend, she would surely listen to him. Finding her sitting alone in a secluded place, he rested his head on her chest and wrapped his arms around, snuggling up to her.

"My friends are so mean..." he started whining immediately while she combed his soft hair with her hand.

"What happened?"

"Everyone knows something and they're keeping it from me. Also I'm sorry, but I can't go on a date on Friday, I have to clean the pool."

She giggled and asked him to explain further. So when he did...

"...I see... so it's all about the Queen again?!"

"Just- sort of."

"Tõru-kun, I can't hold on for much longer. Sometimes I think you're not even trying while I feel like I'm trying to fill a gap that's too big for me."

"Don't say that, I- actually..."

"Maybe we should end this." she let go of him, standing up and preparing to leave.

"What? No, Miki-chan don't!"

"I really liked you, you know? I've been trying to ignore it. The playful banter, the one sided jealousy, the in honey dipped lemons, the love letter... I also know that you went to her after the loss against Shiratorizawa."

He gulped. He knew he was about to lose her. If he didn't say his feelings now she would go and break up with him.

But his lips wouldn't move.
They were sealed with hers.

"I really liked you... but this is goodbye."

And without another word she left.

---

"He's not here..." you stood with Iwaizumi and Miura at your classroom door, expecting Oikawa to be arguing with Kageyama after he had stormed off earlier.

But the first year just sat there like usual, eating his lunch.

"Well then, we should head to our own classrooms now. See you!"

You waved at them, going into the room. Watching Kageyama you wondered if he really wasn't here at all.

---

To get his mind off of things Oikawa decided to skip and train in the gym instead. He had gathered his things such as his gym clothes, filled water bottle and now passed your class.

A glance in the room and the first thing he saw was you talking with Kageyama.

Suddenly you noticed the eyes of the first year widen and staring at something behind you.

As you turned you saw Oikawa stand before you. That look on his face, you saw it before just not quite like this. He was... mad?

Because you talked with Kageyama?

It couldn't be, right?

*splash*

...

Then why? What just happened?

Everyone's mouths were agape, nothing was heard besides the sound of water droplets falling to the floor.

Without another word the male left.

Everyone was still frozen, the first one to move was Kageyama, who wanted to go after the male but you stopped him.

Just then the teacher walked into the room, immediately spotting you.

"Huh? Why are you drenched, you should change your clothes quickly!"

---

Between the both of you not a single word was spoken for the rest of the week.

Iwaizumi tried several times to negotiate but you wouldn't listen and began isolating from the rest.

Nevertheless your classmate was able to follow you easily to where you've been hiding all week.

"How much longer are you going to put up this snow queen act?"

"What do you want, Kageyama?! If it's about Assikawa I don't want to hear it."

"No it's not about him. But I thought maybe you want to know that Akuzawa got herself a new boyfriend."

---

The brunette stood at the edge of the pool, the setting sun tinted the water red.

His gaze was directed at his ex girlfriend in the distance. She was holding hands with someone he didn't know.

It made him feel miserable but he couldn't look away.

Suddenly he felt a pain in his back, something that roughly threw itself on him, pushing him along in the pool.

As he ascent from the water he was looking at your face.

Either side waited for the other to speak. Neither did.

As he was about to climb out of the water you pulled him back. Though you didn't succeed since your hands just slid off.

"Oikawa..."

Still he didn't dare to look at you, now slowly walking towards the locker rooms.

"OIKAWA!"

For a second he came to a halt but didn't stop completely.

"Don't ignore me, you promised..."

"Some things are meant to be broken... sorry."