29; set to boil

As homeroom started the teacher explained that the sports festival is drawing near and that preperations must be made.

Because of your deal with that lily person - was her name even worth remembering - you decided to volunteer.

Though you probably would have helped anyways.

So today after class was the first meeting. Maybe you could go home with Iwa-chan and Oikawa when it's done.

Suddenly the fanclub said they would volunteer too.

You guessed that they didn't really intend to help. But it made the teacher say the number of people suffices and if they leave - which they will for sure - then there would be no one else left to work with.

Which means you'd have to do it alone.

Fantastic.

Ask Iwa-chan for help? No. He has practise just like Oikawa. And Miura? Is it really alright to ask her?

You didn't hate her but you aren't that close yet. Wouldn't it be weird?

Well let's wait for the meeting, there will surely be students from other classes.

Also today would be only talking, meaning if you're alone after all you could leave early.

No need to panick just yet.

Instead time for lunch arrived.

Before heading out someone pulled you away.

You turned and saw Miura Rika tugging at your shirt.

"What was that about earlier? Why are you and the fanclub volunteering?"

"Huh, how did you know? Aren't you in a different class?"

"I'm friends with one of his fans."

"Ah, well..." so you explained it briefly to her, about the deal that you had with them and that you agreed.

"You shouldn't do that."

"It's fine, really."

"I don't think that it's your task to protect her, leave that to Oikawa-senpai!"

"But Oikawa can't be everywhere and with this deal I can prevent it."

"But is he even interested in her?"

"I think so. She rejected him though."

"She- what? Who-"

"Dunno, don't even know what she looks like."

"You know, the leader of the fanclub riled me up against you back then."

"I guessed as much. Long forgotten."

"That's not-... I feel like you're elsewhere with your mind..."

Before being able to question further, Oikawa came and linked his arms with yours and Miuras.
"Come on, let's go already. Iwa-chan is waiting." with that he gave the girl a wink and pulled you both away.

---

"Here they are Iwa-chan! They talked in the hallway."

Iwaizumi eyed you carefully as if to search for a hint weither something happened.

You acted normally but he seemed to register something regardless.

After a while you noticed that he and the female threw each other looks, as if they were talking through telepathy.

"Hey, hey!" the setter that didn't get much attention until now, nudged your arm.

As you turned to him and opened your mouth to speak, he put some of his food into your mouth.

"How is it, is it good? I made it myself!"

You almost choked since it was so sudden but it was good. Unexpectedly.

"Mmh yeah it's, fine?"

"Want to switch lunches?"

"No, I'm fine."

"You always have a sandwich, fruits and sweets in there."

"What abou-"

He suddenly put in another scoop of food.

"Oikawa, stop feeding me!"

"But why, you look so happy~!"

"Eehh~ I'm looking normal!" you said touching your face as if to search for the happiness he was talking about.

Suddenly the other girl interrupted your conversion.
"Say Oikawa-senpai, have you ever been bullied?"

"Haha, what makes you think so?"

Miura didn't answer, she only shrugged.

Iwaizumi and you decided not to interrupt in the discussion and when Oikawa realised that waiting for a reply was futile he spoke up again.

"Well, to come back to your question, there once was someone who actually tried to."

"Really?"

"Yes it was a guy that got left by his girlfriend, which was, well, going for me."

Glares that said "I hate you so much" were shot from the sidelines.