53; affliction

The next day you were walking with Iwaizumi to school alone. Oikawa went early because he wanted to practise.

"What kind of face is that?!" he asked, watching your crinkled forehead and pouty lips.

"I should only concentrate on the upcoming midterm exams..."

"Oikawa is about to find out, you know? Why don't you tell him already? About your feelings I mean. It's obvious anyway."

You only scoffed in reply, blushing madly.

"Just ask him out, it's not that hard. It's his birthday this Saturday, tell him then. Though you should tell him everything. Worse enough that you haven't yet; it's inevitably that he'll find out."

"Huh what? HIS BIRTHDAY?!"

"Honestly... You are both so annoying."

Compared to asking Oikawa out on a date the exams were nothing. You handled them well though it was all thanks to him, you knew that.

How he managed to keep studying and practising was a mystery to you.

However, Iwaizumi was right and you knew you had to talk with him. So you waited at school until he was done with volleyball, slendering through the halls.

Suddenly you heard fast footsteps and familiar voices.

"So heavy..."
"Hurry it up, it hurts it hurts!"
"We are hurrying Trashykawa!"

Worried you decided to follow the voices and just as you thought it was the volleyball team.

They headed towards the infirmary and you jogged along.

"What happened?"

"He practiced jump serves and while landing a ball rolled underneath him."

The boys sat him on the bed, desperately searching for the nurse but the room was empty.

"Thank you, you can go back to practice." the captain said between his teeth.

The boys looked at each other before looking at you.

"Of course, I'll stay. You should go back, I'm sure the nurse will come soon." assuring them with a smile that you would take care of him they headed off.

You kneeled down to watch his dangling feet. The left ankle was a bit swollen.

"It's probably just a light sprain."

"So nothing serious?"

He nodded and you smiled.

The school nurse came after about 10 minutes and checked his leg. Oikawas assumption stayed true, yet the nurse warned him.

"Oikawa-kun how many times has it been now? You should be more careful, sprains are only the start of the worst."

"Yes, yes, I know, I'll be more careful."

"Don't take your luck to lightly stupid!" you hit the back of his head.

"Oh I remember you! Your boyfriend is not with you this time?" the nurse exclaimed.

"Huh? Me? Boyfriend?"

"Yes yes, that cute little guy with the black hair that brought you when your stomach hurt! He was really worried, you know?"

The menacing aura emitting from the male next to you made you only answer hesitantly. How did he even knew it's about Kageyama?!

"Ah no no, we're not going out, not even close to!" you wondered what made her think that in the first place, though she only wanted to tease the brunette a bit.

The nurse glanced over to sulking Oikawa, who put his arms around your neck and pulled you close.

"She's mine, you know?!" he smiled now but there was such an obvious threat in his voice..

"But Oikawa-kun, how could you! I thought we were destined to meet!" at her sarcastic remark you giggled and Oikawa groaned.

"I was full with pain killers, I wasn't sane!" he stuck out his tongue at the nurse and you wondered if he had a serious injury before, forgetting to argue about the "she's mine" part.

"Whatever, I'll put on a bandage to stabilise for now, you should still have a brace?" he nodded and she continued "Good, use that when you get home. You know the rest?"

He nodded again.

"What is the rest?" you asked curious.

"He should keep it warm and lay it up high, that should reduce the swelling. And of course rest until there is not a trace of pain left."

You nodded, making sure not to forget anything.

"We have a bike here you can borrow, you're thinking of bringing him home, aren't you?"

"Yes that's right!" She nodded with a big smile in response.

"I'll get the bike to the entrance, are you fine getting him there alone? He weights a ton."

You chuckled, lifting his arm around your shoulder. Irritated he poked your side with his free hand, making the both of you almost drop on the floor.

"Just so you know, muscle is heavier than fat." he stated irked before you made your way home.