06; the dark side of pink

As soon as he left it was peaceful again. But you were too excited to take another nap.

So you decided to write Iwa-chan about what just happened (except for the hug since it was accidental and not worth mentioning).

The message was full of emoijis, which was unusual for you but it expressed great just how happy you were.

You sent the message and plugged in your earphones, happily humming to the song that's on.

A reply came almost immediately.
》You will wear WHAT?!《

》it's fine isn't it? Since there's no way I'll fit with my height into the girls uniform I'll have to wear one for boys anyway. 《

》you already thought of that before accepting, didn't you?《

》of course ✌ but I bet Oikawa didn't《

》👍《

To you Iwaizumi was like an older brother and to him you were like a little sister, and you loved that!

You didn't had to worry about the >what if he falls for you< because you somehow knew he wouldn't.

It might be naiv to believe that, but you just knew it for sure. You two would stay friends throughout the time that you'll spend.

With Oikawa on the other hand you had to be careful. He seemed like the type to fall easily (for looks) and right now those kind of feelings were unwanted.

Which is also why his childhood friend insisted you on staying away from the grand king for the beginning.
Which worked for almost a week.

But in the end it worked out fine. Maybe it's too soon to say that but right now it was perfect.
Or almost.

The first students began gathering in class, whispering came along and your poker face manifested.

It annoyed you, they were all talking about you instead of with you. But you just guessed that's the fate of standing out. You would probably do the same.

The vibration of your phone brought you back. Another text message from Iwa-chan.

》btw, please call him trashykawa or assykawa, he likes those nicknames《

》you're not seriously thinking I'll believe that, right? But I'll call him that, thanks!《

Unlike the others you didn't notice that a smile formed on your lips, which got the crowd curious.

One of the girls made her way to you, looking slightly nervous.

"Excuse me, you don't happen to text with Oikawa-sama, right?"

"Huh?!"

You accidently reacted a bit more irritated than you wanted to. Short silence filled the room.
"Ehm, I don't, no. I don't even have his number, neither do I need it."

Now you're being a slight tsundere. But admitting that you're a bit friendly with him could get you in trouble. She obviously was one of his fangirls.

"Aah, I see... it's just, ehm-... nevermind."

"Just a second!"

You stood up rash, which startled your classmate. Adding your height you were rather intimidating, so you quickly sat down again and instead moved at the edge of your chair and tried to speak in a volume only audible for her.

"Well, I may not have much to do with Oikawa but I happen to get along great with Iwa-chan, so if there's anything you want to know about Oikawa I can-"

"YOU WOULD DO THAT?"

"Ah ehm, sure thi-"

"Hey, hey did you hear that?"

With eyes full of sparkles she called other fangirls to where you were. They were chattering eagerly, thinking over which questions were important and what doesn't need to be asked.

You took a pen and something to scribble onto as fast as possible, your pen racing over something that was once paper.

It might be a weird situation but at least you tried your best to fit in. The effort is what counts at the end, isn't it?

~~~
(Sorryyyyyy 'bout no oikawa screentime this chapter~)