21; was about time

Your arms around his torso, head on his chest, and eyes closed.

His arm around your waist, face tinted in crimson, and eyes locked on the ceiling to prevent him from staring at your sleeping face.

'It's fine to take a nap but if she snuggles up so close I can't stay calm.' he thought.
'My heartbeat might just wake her.'

Kageyama said on the phone it would take some time for him to arrive, so you decided to just close your eyes for a little while.

At first your head only rested on his shoulder but it became uncomfortable fast, so you curled up more to his front.

'Only a glimpse can't hurt.' giving in he now looked directly at you, not being able to avert his gaze anymore.

'Why is she even this cute when sleeping. It makes me want to pinch her cheeks.. At least it's warm like this.'

Still watching your face you suddenly began mumbling softly in your sleep.

"Nein danke, ich bin satt aber dankeschön..."

(="no thanks, I'm full but thank you very much")

"Hm?" he didn't understand a word, was probably your mother language.

He wondered what you had said, if it was possibly about him and weither you were dreaming of him.

His focus wandered to your lips, at first to wait for other mumbling sounds but then he noticed how soft they looked.

And red.

And vulnerable.

And ...

Without further thinking he got drawn closer and closer to your face.

His eyes still adoring your features, lifting your head up slightly to face his own.

'One small touch can't possibly hurt...'

His hand caressing your cheek, making you open your eyes slightly but the distance between your lips has already been closed.

'So warm.'
He rested his lips on yours a little longer until he slowly pulled away. Only then he noticed you were awake, though still drowsy.

You only looked at him half asleep, not processing what is happening. You only noticed his blush that reached to his ears and his hypnotised eyes.

He was mesmerised by the way the kiss made him feel, not yet ready to let it go.

"One more time..."

He moved towards you once more, his eyes closed and you were just dragged into his pace, closing yours as well.

*click* *rattle rattle*

Now realising the situation you both yanked away from each other, looking to the door that revealed Kageyama with squinting eyes.

His eyes didn't seem to have adjusted to the dark just yet because of the bright gym hall.

"Jeez Tobio-chan, don't scare me like that."

The king reverted back immediately to his usual act, standing up and walking towards the exit.

You followed suit not being able to say anything.

Maybe you were just dreaming. It's indeed a possibility.

You all went home and to your surprise it wasn't as late as you thought it was.

But still late enough to get scolded by your parents for not letting them know what was up.

After almost half an hour of being screamed at you fell exhausted on your bed.

Wanting to set the alarm you noticed that you still had Oikawas phone.
"Goddamnit" you mumbled before falling asleep again.

---

Meanwhile the setter noticed as well that he still has your dead phone.

"Mom, where's your charger?"

"In the living room honey, but why do you need it? I thought it wouldn't fit yours?"

"I accidentally switched phones."

"With who?"

"A friend from school."

"The girl you were with until late today?"

He said yes, while connecting the charger to the phone when his mom came running to him.

"Oohhhh this is interesting! Let's look through the phone!"

"MOM!"

"What, as if you didn't think about it!"

"Well yeah sure, but... that's not right! ................ I am curious though..."