08; sweater weather

Time went on and soon class was over. The girls took their costumes and made their way to the girls locker room.

Iwaizumi waited at the door for you, you told the girls they should go on ahead.

"Oikawa sent me, told you to remind you of practise and make sure you got there."

"Is that it? It's fine, I will change and get there with the others."

"I already guessed that there's no need. I'll be going then, see you there!"

"Yep, but thank you anyway!"

"Mmh, and ... good Job! You made friends, right?"

You gave him your brightest smile as if to agree and he gave you a thumbs up. When he walked off someone pushed you to the side.

"That's what you get for standing in the way!"

It was the black haired gloomy girl. Well you were pretty much blocking the door.

When you walked to your desk to grab your stuff you gasped in shock.

...

It's been about 20 minutes since the last bell rang. The team was already warming up, Oikawa really annoyed.

"See Iwa-chan, I told you she wouldn't come! That's why I told you to get her!"

At the same time the door to the gym opened. The brunette's hope shattered as he saw his fangirls. Iwaizumi quickly ran up to them.

Oikawa, still bummed, slowly followed after. His friend looked worried. What was going on? The girls looked angry, most of them.

"She ditched us! Why isn't she here?! It was her idea!"
"I'm so mad at her!"

The ace wasn't saying anything, and the mood made a 180° turn as the king got in their sight.

They began fawning over him, waving their pompoms and jumping up an down as if nothing happened.

When oikawa saw the worried look on the face of his best friend, he decided to smile politely.
"Sorry but I'll be right back!"

He gave a reassuring pat on the back of his teammate and jogged to the door. Opening them with a strong pull he discovered that it was pouring heavily.

Luckily the path to the building had a roof, he thought. He still hurried towards the door when he catched something distant in the corner of his eye.

There you stood completely drenched, grasping an empty bag in your shivering hands.

"What the- are you insane? ! What are you doing?!"

He immediately dashed towards you and when you turned to face him he was startled.

Not only were you soaked and shivering,  but your lips were pale blue just like the tips of your fingers and your cheeks and nose burned red.

Your eyes were glistening but he couldn't tell if you were crying, because the rain was just too strong.

The setter was too aghast to speak. It was you who spoke first, yet there was no emotion in your voice. Only a slight tone of worry for the person in front of you was heard.

"Why aren't you at practise, it started already, didn't it?! You mustn't stay in the rain or you'll get sick. You should quickly get inside and dry yourself up!"

Taken aback by these words the boy just grabbed your arm. Irritated he yelled while dragging you under the shelter.

"ARE YOU STUPID, WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE! YOU ARE IN NO PLACE TO SCOLD SOMEONE FOR STANDING IN THE RAIN! YOU IDIOT! WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF A LITTLE SO OTHERS WON'T!"

Your skin was freezing cold so Oikawa's hand felt especially warm though his grip slightly hurt. Why was he so angry, you didn't quite understand.