57; first and last

Iwaizumi was always watching the two of you carefully, the troublemakers he had to keep his eyes on. He had a strong sense of responsibility which is why he couldn't leave you alone.

From the time he helped you - though in his eyes it was only stating the obvious - and the beginning of your friendship passed merely a day.

The hours that you both spend together at lunch alone felt like years ago. Thinking back to him it was like babysitting but fun.
(timeskip)

"Alright now tell me everything!" you pointed with your index finger at Iwaizumi, who looked extremely bored and irritated at the same time.

"What do you want to know?" he sighed, finally giving in.

"About this Oikawa guy. He's trouble alright, I get that, but aren't you best friends?" you said chewing your lunch. "He can't be that much of a jerk then."

"Once you get to know him you'll understand." he had prayed that this day wouldn't come though.

It happened a few times already. Oikawa would get a girlfriend and when it was over Iwaizumi had to pick up the pieces from both sides.

"You know, I really like spending time with you. It's peaceful and relaxing. I think I'm better at coping with my class now too." you chirped happily.

"It's not going to last forever, you should learn how to deal with Trashykawa just in case. There are a few things you should know."

"#1!!!" you announced as if this was a ranking show, which the male just ignored.

"The best way to counter one of Oikawas corny pick up lines is to react unfazed. It's even more effective if you answer with a pick up line yourself."

"I get the unfazed reaction but wouldn't a pick up line just make him think that I'm interested?"

"It's just a guess since no one did it before but he probably won't know how to deal with that situation and blow up."

"Alright I'll keep it in mind, not sure if I get it... now #2!!!"

"The magic word to use on him whenever you need something from him. But use it wisely, it will lose effect if used too often..."

"Which one is it?"

"...Senpai!"

"... I don't quite know what to respond to that."

"#3:" he actually joined in. "He puts his sport above everything else. Well, his family is still more important but..."

"That's good though, isn't it? Doing something passionately?"

In that moment he noticed that you differ from the other girls that his friend went out with before and he vowed that day to protect you both from the wolf in fluffy sheep clothes.

--- (timeskip over)

"Tomorrow is the big day, nervous?" Iwaizumi visited you because you said you needed help with deciding on your clothes.

"W-what makess y-you thi-ink so?" it was a sarcastic tone that came along with your shaky voice.

"What are you still nervous about?! You pretty much looked like you were going out already all week."

"Still, it's supposed to be special, the confession I mean. I don't want to screw up." at that the male patted your head.

"You've been through a lot. But now it's finally ending. Took you long enough, really. At the beginning it might have been cute but now it's just annoying how slow you guys are."

"How mean..."

"But to think you were able to get him home when he wanted to practise that badly..."

"He was injured, there was no helping it. Besides he went the day after regardless."

Suddenly the phone of the male vibrated, signaling that he got a text. Reading it he sighed before grinning.

"Oikawa is asking me to come over, he wants advice on his outfit. I swear you two are so similar at times..."

"Eehh but I haven't decided on mine yet."

"What you're holding there seems fine, but to him you will look brilliant no matter what you wear anyway."

"Thank you Iwa-chan,... not only for today but for everything up until now. You were always helping me out when I needed you. Thank you for that." you hugged him tightly which surprised him at first but then patted your back.

"No need to thank me, I have to thank you for Rika."

"I'm sure Miura would have confessed some day regardless." you let go and he stated that maybe it's true and that he had to go now.

"Oh and Iwa-chan, maybe it's ending but the end is just the beginning of something else!" you grinned before the male exited your room.

---
[AN: when I swiped responsibility the phone corrected it into Iwaizumi!!! Sorry I took so long for nothing special ;__;]