Talking to Brantley

Ms

Ms. Anna Sophia Robb as Katie Smith.

Katie's Pov

I was in the kitchen cleaning up while Kolby and the boys were outside playing. I'm so glad that I have Kolby as a friend. If I didn't have him in my life I don't know what would have happened to me and my boys. I've might have made a lot of mistakes in my life, but Isaac and Rocky is not one of them. I was young and dumb when I met their father.

I looked outside and saw Kolby, Isaac and Rocky all playing in the pool Brantley has. Kolby is going to make a great father one day when the time is right. But right now he has my boys to practice with. I heard Brantley in him office walking around. I looked over at the clock and saw it was already going on 11. The boys have been outside for the past hour now and I still haven't went inside to talk to Brantley. I wish know I got my boys up when I had the chance and we would be on the road right now going to a new place to live.

" Fuck!" I heard Brantley yell. I walked out of the kitchen and down to the office where Brantley is in. When I got to the door I saw him sitting at his desk trying to write. I've know Kolby for the past 4 hours when we moved down to Alabama with my husband. Kolby and Martin worked together in the saw mill together.

Brantley throw the piece of paper on the floor. Poor man has only been home for a day and so far he came back to a party house and a beaten up woman with two small kids. I knocked on the door.

" You still want to talk to me or no?" I asked him. For some reason I'm scared of this man. Might because he is built like Martin is. Tall, muscles, facial hair.

" Yeah. Come in and sit?" Brantley said to me. I walked in and his office is trashed. Papers are all over the floor, on his desk.

" I'm sorry that the boys and I was in your bedroom." I said to him. Brantley looked at me.

" That is fine. I'm not mad at you, but Kolby I am." Brantley said to me. I put my head down.

" I didn't have no other place to go. Kolby and I have been friends for a while now and when I called him and told him what happened--- He told me to bring the boys over here. He said  we will be safer here." I said to him. Brantley looked at me.

" You want to tell me what happened?" Brantley said to me. I looked at him.

" Do I have too?" I asked him.

" You can tell me what happened or I can call the police and have them come here and they can ask you?" Brantley said to me. I looked at him.

" We just got in a fight?" I said to him. Brantley looked at me.

" A fight?" He asked me. I looked at him.

" Yes. Martin is, well he is a mean man." I said to Brantley.