Brantley's Mind Pt.1

Brantley's Pov

I have been out of the house since 5 this morning. I got in my AVT and just drove all over my farm. When I started to sing and write and sell my songs I bought this land with one day having a family to share it with. Well, that was over 6 years ago and here I am 31 years old with no wife and no children just yet. I think that was because of me. I had 2 great girls, but Amber didn't want me to be partying, drinking all the time, the beer and the weed. But she is happy now with a new husband. Jana. Jana was different. She was okay with me doing the parting, the drinking, smoking pot and sleeping with different girls each night. But she didn't want a family one day. I guess you could say I wanted my cake and eat it too.

I was looking at all of my deer that I have? Right now I have right at 350 deer all together. 100 bucks, 200 does and 50 fawns that was born in the past 3 months. I'm going to get them all fat and heathy then I'm going to let them go on my farm, so I can hunt them for winter. I'm just glad that Jason Aldean and his family life on one side of me and Luke Bryan's family live on the other side, so we can all be deer farmers together.

Yesterday when Katie was telling everyone her back story, broke my heart. I don't know much about her, but if I ever see this Martin around here, or her parents I might be going to jail for beatin some ass. How could he go to bed knowing that he beat his wife or hit his son. Martin Smith is no man in my book. He is less of a man then any thing.

I heard my cell phone going off and I looked and saw it was already 9 in the morning. Fuck, I've been out here for the past 4 hours already. Oh well. I looked at the text and saw it was from Kolby, telling me that him and mama are going out for the day. I sent him a text back saying okay. I put my sell back in my pocket and took one more look at my deer before I started up my AVT so I can get back to the house. What I love mostly about living here is, that I have 1,970 acres of land so I can hunt, farm and raise my deer on?

I just put my new toy in the shed when I saw mama and Kolby talking to Katie. I saw that Isaac and Rocky was playing the front yard with water gungs. I waved over at them and they waved and smiled back at them. They are some cool kids. I walked over to my mama, Kolby and Katie? Don't even know what is going on?

" What's up?" I asked them all. They all looked over at me.

" Son. You know that I'm not getting any younger right?" My mama asked me. I looked down at her?

" Mama, what are you talking about?" I asked her.

" Tell your brother that I don't need a babysitter?" Mama asked me. I looked over at Kolby who was shaking his head at me.

" Yes mama. Kolby and I both know that? What's going on?" I asked her.

" Well an old friend invited me to go away with them?" Mama said to me. I don't think there is nothing wrong with that? I mean our mama is only 54 years old and still works full time? She is living on her own?

" Kolby let her go? How would you feel if mama went with you and Carter to the strip club?" I asked my baby brother. He looked down at me. Yes, my 26 year old brother is taller them me. I'm only 6'1 but Kolby is 6'3. So it's not that bad.

" BG, mama is going away with a man?" Kolby said to me. I looked at him, then back at my mama.

" No." I said to my mama walking back inside of the house.

" I'm going Brantley?" Mama said to me. I looked back at her.

" Mama, do you know what men what with women? All they want is sex, money and look at you?" I said to my mama.

" Yes I know. I raised 2 of them all by myself?" Mama said to Kolby and myself. I looked down at her.

" Listen, I love you both, but Gus and I are only friends? His wife died about 4 years ago and we got to know each other more and he is a real sweet--- and I don't know why I'm even telling my sons this? I'm going?" Mama said to all of us.

" Well, I know I don't matter in this, but I think you should go Ms. Gilbert. I mean look at you, you are hot for a woman in her 50's?" Katie said to my mama.

" Thank you Katie?" Mama said to Katie. Katie put her head down because she was getting red in the face.

" Kate. No, she is not hot for her age? Mama, please don't do this? If you want to see him I will take you?" Kolby said to our mama. She looked at all of us.

" That's sweet and all, but I'm going? Kate you are in charge?" Mama said to all of us getting in her car. I looked over at Kolby and we both knew we wasn't going to win this war for nothing?

" Great. Our 53 year old mama is going to be getting laid tonight? Great! Just great!" Kolby said to me. I looked over at him.

" Really Kolby?" I said to him. He looked at me and smiled.

" Well, there is no way, I'm staying home tonight? Who wants to party with me and Carter?" Kolby asked me and Mona. I looked down at her and she looked up at me.

" No thanks Kolby. I'm going to stay home and fill out more jobs on the internet?" Katie said to Kolby. Katie has been trying to get a job for the past week, but nothing. I told her that I would hire her for the shit does around my house.

" Fine? What about you BG? The Gilbert boys out on the town? Just like the good old days?" Kolby asked me. I looked at him.

" Nah. I don't think so." I said to him.

" Your lost? If I don't come home tonight don't think nothing about it?" Kolby said to Kate and myself. I looked down at her.

" I don't want to know what he is going to get himself into?" Katie said to me. I looked at her and smiled.

" Me either?" I said to her. Kate sat down on the step so she could watch the boys get wet with there water guns. I sat down next to her.

" So since it's just you, me and the boys how about we do something together?" I asked her. Kate looked at me.

" You mean like a date?" Kate asked me. I looked right at her. Do I mean like a date? Do I want to take her on a date?

" No, no, no, no, no, I mean like the four of us hang out together?" I said to her. That was way to close. Kate looked at me and gave me a smile.

" Okay. Yeah that-- that would be nice?" Katie said to me, getting up and looking at the boys?

" Isaac! Rocky! Come on let's go inside so we can have breakfast?" Katie said to her sons.

" Okay mommy!" Rocky yelled at his mama. They ran inside the house. Katie looked down at me.

" I'm making bacon, eggs biscuits and gravy if you want any?" Katie said to me walking into the house and slamming the door shut?

" Sure." I said to myself.  I got up and walked inside the house. I know where I'm going to be spending most of my day outside. Or maybe mama ain't that far so I can go with her and this Gus person.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

SHORT I KNOW, BUT THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL MAKE UP FOR IT?

HOPE YOU ALL LIKED IT?

DO YOU THINK KATIE WAS UPSET THAT BRANTLEY DIDN'T SAY IT WAS A DATE?

DO YOU THINK KATE WANTS TO GO OUT WITH HIM?

DOES BRANTLEY HAVE FEELING FOR KATE?

LET ME KNOW?

NEXT CHAPTER IS GOING TO HAVE A LOT MORE ACTION IN IT?

PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE?

UPDATES WILL BE SOON.

HAVE A GREAT NIGHT?

BOBBY XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO