44

Meet Dawson Brantley Gilbert. Isaac's 4 year old son.

Isaac's Pov 

I was laying in bed with my son thinking about this long weekend. Now thinking back I wish I didn't tell mama and dad they could leave for the weekend and I'll take care of everything. Dad and mom wanted to go on a second honeymoon down in the Florida Keys. Hell, I had to move back home with my parents with my 4 year old son because I couldn't handle everything and now here I am taking care of my son, my brothers and my sister. Thank God, I have Jonas here to help me. 

I looked over at my son sleeping. Jonas, Dawson and I have been back home for 3 weeks now and everything is doing good. Dad and I are getting along just fine. Jonas and dad are doing good. I made a promise to Dawson when he was just born that I would do everything in my power to keep him safe. I need to get my head out of my ass and start thinking about the future for us. I might be only 21 years old, but I have a son to think about. When mama was 21 years old she already had 2 kids to raise and if mama can do it with Rocky and myself, then I can do it with Dawson. 

I got out of the bed and saw it was only 8 in the morning. I know the twins will be up soon. I don't know about Rocky and Jonas. They might sleep in until noon if I'll let them. I walked over to the dresser so I could get some clothes before I'll take a quick shower. I looked at my cell phone and saw it was going to be another hot day in Georgia. I might see if the twins and Dawson wants to go to the park for a little bit, or just stay in the pool for the most of the day. 

I walked into the bathroom down here in the basement. I took off all of my clothes, which was only my boxers and got in the shower. I was letting the cool water hit my back. Last night there was a storm and Dawson got in my bed around 2 in the morning. I don't mind at all, but he likes to move all over the place when he sleeps. 

After I was done with my shower I walked back into the bedroom and saw Dawson was still sleeping. I gave him a kiss and walked up to the kitchen so I could start breakfast for all of us. When mama left with dad she told us not to trash her house. Specially her kitchen. Over the years dad redone the kitchen a few times so mama would love it even more. Mama does have a good kitchen if you know how to cook like she does. Poor Dawson will be living on frozen pizza, TV dinners and eggs for the rest of his life if I don't find him a mother and me a wife soon. I looked in Lottie's room and saw she just got up. 

"Morning Lottie." I said to her. Lottie looked at me. 

"Morning Izzy." She said to me. I love how Lottie and Carson call me 'Izzy' like Rocky used to when we was younger. 

"Sleep good honey." I asked my little sister. 

"Good dreams." She told me. 

"Good. I'm going to start breakfast so get dressed okay." I said to her. 

"Okay Izzy." Lottie said to me. I walked over to Carson's room. When I opened up the door I saw him all ready dressed for the day. 

"Hey dude." I said to him. 

"Morning Izzy. Is Dawson up yet." Carson asked me. 

"Not yet dude. I'm making brakfast." I told him. 

"Eggs and bacon." Carson asked me. 

"You got it little man." I said to my 7 year old brother. 

"Sweet." He said to me. 

"Get your shirt on and come into the kitchen." I said to him. 

"Okay Izzy." Carson said to me. I walked over to Rocky's room. I opened up his door and saw he was still sleeping. I shut the door so he could sleep a little bit more. I'm not worried about him or Jonas. They can cook there over eggs, when they get up. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed the eggs, bacon and butter out of the fridge. I walked over to the stove when I heard the front door opening up. I looked and saw my brother Jonas walking in.