Momma Becky

Brantley and Kolby with there mother, Becky Gilbert

Katie's Pov

I was in the living room folding up the boys newly washed clothes and watching a little TV at the same ti8me. It's been a week since Brantley gave me the money for the boys to buy them new clothes and get me a few things as well. I've been looking in the papers for a good used car. I don't want a brand new one. Knowing me and my luck it would be a lemon if I got it.

My sons are in the pool with Kolby. Poor Kolby has been going out every night for the past week, with Jason. I don't know what they have been doing, but Kolby has been coming home more and more sad each time. What he told me that was he needed to find a new place to stay, now that I'm staying here. I don't want to be the reason why, Kolby is moving out. He is my best friend and I love him way to much for that.

I got up so I can put the boys clothes in there room. I know they seem okay to staying here, but once I get a job and save up the money, the boys and I will get our own little place. I just haven't found the right place yet. I put the clothes away and walked out of there bed room, and hit someone right in the chest. I hit them so hard, it made me fall on my butt. I looked up and saw Brantley smiling down at me. He helped me up and walked into his room.

For the past 3 days Brantley hasn't said a lot to me. I wish I knew what I did? I don't ant there be any problems with him and myself. I can't let that happened. I walked into the kitchen, so I can walk outside from the back door so I can see my boys. When I got there Mona and Jason was there as well. I wish I knew they was here, so I could come out and say hi to them. I walked over to Mona and sat down next to her? We've only talked a new times, but she is a good person to talk too. I like that, a lot in people.

" Hey girl?" Mona said to me. I gave her a hug.

" How are you?" I asked her. She looks happy?

" I'm good. What about you?" Mona asked me. I looked at her. 

" I'm doing good? When did you get here?" I asked her? 

" I don't know? Maybe 20 minutes ago? Jason wanted to get out of the house for a while, and so we ended up right here? Should have knew? Jason and Kolby are best friends." Mona told me. I smiled at her. I looked over at my boys who was playing with Jason and Kolby. They all looked happy.

" So what's new with you?" Mona asked me. I looked over at her.

" Nothing? Just being a mother?" I said to her. Mona looked at me.

" We need to go out one night?" Mona said to me. I looked at her.  I don't do bars or clubs. I don't fell right about being in there. I've never have for some reason.

" I don't know Mona?" I said to her.

" Come on. It will be fun. You, me, Kolby, Tyson, Jason and maybe the old crab inside the house can go with us?" Mona said to me. I looked over at her.