Finding A Job

Katie's Pov

I was walking around Wal-Mart getting enough groceries for us to last Brantley, the boys and myself for the next two weeks. Mona, Tyson, Mona's boyfriend, Jason and Kolby all went on a road trip from Alabama to Oregon to see some of there old friends that live there. So it's just going to be me and the boys for the next two weeks, and yes I'm counting Brantley in that mix as well. It's been little over 2 weeks since we all had to go to court for the boys. Martin kept his promise about not paying for Isaac and Rocky, but in a way I don't care. As long as he stays the way from us, I don't want nothing to do with him and I want him to stay away from my boys.

I do need to find a job and soon. I hate living off of Brantley. I need to get a job and the fastest way I could do that if I went back to school, but I can't do that just yet. There is no jobs for a high school drop out, and I hate it. I've put my application in 5 different places, but I got no where at all.

I was getting can goods that I know my boys like. Isaac only likes peas and corn, Rocky on likes corn and green beans, and Brantley likes them all, so you know how hard it is to cook supper with picky kids. After I looked at my list, and saw that I got everything that I needed I went to the check out, so I can get on home. It's only noon, but I've been up since 5 in the morning looking for a job on the internet. That went badly, let me tell you.

After spending little over $350 on food, I was on my way back to Brantley's farm so I can put it all way and look for a job yet again. I was on the main road heading back to the house when I saw a help wanted sign hanging in a window at a diner, café. I pulled in to the parking lot and got out of the truck and walked in.

When I walked into the place I saw some men putting the tables up and some women making the place cute. I was looking around and it's a big place. The walls was a light green with brown trimming. The ceiling was a light pink. It looked cute together. There was a bar on one side and I saw a big door that looked like there could be a bar and grill over there. I was about to walk over there, when I felt someone tap on my shoulder. I turned around and saw a tall man looking down at me. I smiled at him.

" Can I help you?" The man asked me. I looked up at him and smiled.

" I hope so. I saw the help wanted sign hanging in the window." I said to him.

" Yes. I'm Tommy O'Neal, owner of this place." Tommy said to me.

" Hello. I'm Katie Hall." I said to him.

" Nice to meet you, Katie." Tommy said to me.

" Yes you too." I said to him.

" Well, you said you are here for a job right?" Tommy asked me.

" Yes sir I am. I can do whatever you need me too." I said to him.

" Well, come and sit down, so we can talk." Tommy said to me. We sat down at the bar.

" So what I like to do if I'm going to hire anyone I like to get to know them as much as I could.: Tommy said to me.

" Well, I'm 24 years old. I have 2 sons. Isaac who is 8 and Rocky who is 5. I'm a high school drop out, and I really need a job. I just can't be living off of people all the time." I said to Tommy.

" I understand that. Well, I need a waitress on days from 8 in the morning until 4, I need a cook from noon to 9 pm and I need a waitress from 4 until 2 in the morning." Tommy said to me.

" I would like to have the 8 in the morning until 4 pm if I could. It would be better for me since I'm a single mother." I said to him.

" Okay, That is fine. We are opening up in a week and all I need you do is to fill this out and honey you got a job. It's going to pay $400 a week, but with everything I take out, you will be making $330 a week." Tommy said to me. That will be $1,320 a month to live off of. That is going to be more then enough for me and the boys to live off of. Now I can get our own apartment.