38

Brantley's Pov 

I was about 10 miles away from the house after driving all the way up to Nashville just for a 20 minute meeting. Let me tell you I was pissed off, but I was coming back home a lot sooner then what I thought I would, so that's a plus all by it self. My tour starts up in 5 weeks, but the boys and I can't wait to go back on the road again. That tour bus is a second home for all of us. It's only going to be a short tour this second time around. 54 cities all in the USA and then a week in Europe then it's all over until next next. Hopefully by then I'll have some new music out and stat up a new tour. 

I grabbed my cell phone to call Kate again, but for some reason she isn't answering her cell phone. I've tried to call her 2 times already, but I do know she said she was going to clean the house all day then she might go out for lunch and do a little shopping with Mona today before she has to pick up the boys from school. 

I just pulled into the driveway and saw Kate's SUV is still here, so maybe Mona picked her up for the shopping day. I got out of my truck and walked up to the front door. I stopped when I saw the front door was opened. I moved the door so it could open up all the way. I looked inside. 

"Kate!" I yelled for her. I slowly walked inside the house. Something don't seem right about none of this. 

"Kate you home!" I yelled again. I was about to walk down the hall when I heard Zeke and Flo barking from the laundry room. I walked into the kitchen, then I walked into the Laundry room. I opened up the door and I saw Ashton laying there. 

"Ash!" I yelled his name. I got down to see if he is okay. I saw he was bleeding. Looked like he was shot. I grabbed my cell phone to call 911. 

"Ashton are you okay." I asked him. He opened up his eyes. 

"911 what is your emergency?" The woman asked me. 

"I need the cops and the ambulance to 315 North Road, Maysville Georgia. My friend has been shot." I told her. 

"Okay sir I go the cops and a ambulance drivers coming. They will be there in 5 minutes." She said to me. 

"Thank you." I said to her. I hanged up the phone call. 

"What happened?" I asked him. 

"Martin. He shot me." Ashton said to me. 

"Where is Kate?" I asked him. 

"I don't know." Ashton told me. I got up and ran out of the room. 

"Kate! Are you here!" I yelled for her. I was looking in every room in the house. I ran down the steps to the basement. I ran over to my office and saw it was trashed. I ran over to the desk and saw that the safe was open and all the money I had was gone. 

"Fuck!" I yelled. I ran out of the office back up stairs to be with Ashton. 

"It's okay buddy. I'm here. Helps is coming any minute now." I said to him. I called Mona. 

"Hey Brantley, hows the meetings going?" Mona asked me. 

"Something is wrong. Is Kate with you?" I asked her. 

"No. I got a text saying she was staying home and cleaning then going to get the boys and take them over to your mamas for the night. Why?" Mona asked me. 

"I just got home and I found Ashton shot. I think Martin kidnapped Kate." I said to her. 

"Oh no." Kate said to me.