Martin and Court Day Pt. 1

Actor Tyler Hoechlin as Martin Smith?

Katie's Pov

I was in the bathroom at the hotel room getting ready for the day. It's been 2 weeks since I got my divorce papers and papers on custody of the boys. Brantley helped me get a good lawyer and after what I told him about how Martin used to do to me and the boys, he thinks we are going to win this case. I hope he is right. I don't know what I would do if I loose them. They mean the world to me. They are my everything and I can't even think how my life would be if they wasn't in it. Brantley and I have to be at the court house at 8 in the morning, so Mona, Jason, Becky and Kolby are coming down at noon when we have to be in court with the boys. I didn't want to leave them, but Brantley lives over 3 hours away from Lynnville, so we left last night to get a hotel room.

When I was talking to the lawyer I told him everything. About Martin raping me, beating me, making me and the boys live in a tent during the summer. I told him everything. I told him why I left him as well. I wasn't going to leave nothing out. I was just glad that Brantley was with me the whole time. It was hard telling the story again. I just want all of this behind me and the boys.

I looked at myself in the mirror of what I'm wearing to court today. It was a white dress with blue flowers on it. And I'm wearing a white blouse as well. I'm so nervures about today. I changed about 5 different times. Poor Brantley, I've been in the bathroom for over 2 hours to get ready. Brantley asked me if my parents would be there, but like I told him, I don't think so. They haven't talked to me since I was 15 and pregnant and dad kicked me out of the house.

I walked out of the bathroom and back into the hotel room. I saw Brantley standing outside of the room smoking another cigarette. Poor Brantley, in the past week he went throw 2 cartons of cigarettes. Like he told me he loves my kids. And that is something because Brantley is not real crazy about kids. That made my heart beat faster. I walked outside and I wrapped my arms around Brantley's waist. He is wearing black pants with a nice shirt on. He is covering up all of his tattoos as he can. I laid my head on his back and Brantley was rubbing my arms as he smoked.

I wish all of this was just a nightmare. I just wish I could wake up and go back to the day where Brantley had the boys in the kitchen was all cooking up a storm in the kitchen. I walked in and saw how happy Isaac and Rocky were. In some way we looked like a real family.

" Don't be scared babe?" Brantley told me, looking down at me. I looked up at him. I wish he was right. I really do.

" I am Brantley. What if I loose them. What if I never see my boys again?" I said to him. Brantley pulled me in a hug. I do love his arms around me. For some reason I feel safe when I'm with him.