Martin and Court Day Pt2

Brantley's Pov

We was all sitting up front in the court room waiting on Judge Matthews to walk in. Max is sitting with us and so far Max thinks we are going to walk out of the court room with Isaac and Rocky. I hope he is right. I know how much this is killing the boys and Katie as well. I wish I would beat the living shit out of Martin when I had the chance too. But Katie needs me more then anything right now. But sooner or later he will be on the ground with a black eye, busted up lip and a few broken ribs when I get done with his sorry ass. He thinks he is a real man, please he don't know nothing about being a real man.

Mona is sitting outside with the boys, while mama and Kolby are in the court room with us. Max don't think the boys should stand up and talk, but if they need too they told Max that they would. I hope it don't go to that.

I had my arm over the back of Katies chair rubbing small circles on her back. I'm just trying to keep my cool and not going over to Martin and just beating the living shit out of him. Sooner or later I will do it and when I do, it's going to be the best day of my life. I looked over at Katie who was crying again. I was about to say something when the cop asked us all to stand. We all did and a tall older man walked in and got in his chair. I looked over at Max and nodded my head at him. It's time for the battle to start.

" We are here over the divorce over Martin Smith and Katie Smith. Is that right?" Judge Matthews asked us.

" Yes sir. And they both are here?" Max our lawyer said to the judge.

" Good. I'm going to allow them to get divorce, when we are all the way done both of them sign the papers and Mrs. Smith will go back to her maiden name, which is Hall." Judge Matthews said to Katie.

" Yes sir I will." Katie said to the judge.

" Okay that part is over? Now it's time for custody of a Isaac Tyler and a Rocky James Smith? Ages are 8 and 5. Is that right?" Judge asked us.

" Yes sir. Both of the boys are out in the waiting room with there aunt, Mona Carter?" Max said to the judge.

" Okay. So for the past month the boys have been living with there mother, Katelynn Rose Smith, living in Pittsfield, Alabama. Is that right?" Judge Matthews asked us. Katie stood up.

" Yes sir. We are living---" Judge Matthews cut Katie off.

" Answer the question's that I ask you Mrs. Smith?" Judge Matthews said to Katie.

" Yes sir. The boys and I have all been living in Pittsfield." Katie said to the judge. I looked up at him and gave him a nasty look. I'm not in the mood at all and now this old fucker is pushing me as well.

" Okay. I want Mrs. Smith come up here and tell me her story." Judge Matthews said. Katie walked up there. Martin's lawyer walked up there as well. I looked at Katie and gave her a wink.

" Okay, Mrs. Smith. Can you tell me how old you was when you found out you was pregnant?" The lawyer asked Katie.

" I was 15 years old." Katie said to the lawyer.

" I see. And did you finish high school?" The lawyer asked Katie.

" No sir I didn't?" Katie told him. I looked over at Max who was writing something down. I hope he has a plan in all of this?

" Okay, so you are 15, pregnant, who was you living with?" The lawyer asked her.

" I was living with Martin and his parents, and going to school." Katie said to the judge.