Night before the wedding pt. 2

Katie's Pov 

I was sitting outside with my best friend Mona. I still can't believe that Brantley and I are getting married tomorrow at 3:30 at the house. It's been a crazy wild 2 years since I've gotten divorce from Martin. I fell in love with a great man and a great father to our 3 boys. I went back to school. I have friends now that love me for me. I have 3 boys that mean the world to me. I have a beautiful home. I have my mother back in my life and back in my sons life. What more could I ever ask? 

I just sent a text to my mom to see how the boys are doing? I know mom and Ms. Becky got everything under control, but as a mother I need to double cheek on my babies. Yesterday when I left the house with Mona I made homemade hamburger helper. There's cottage cheese in the fridge with salad. But knowing my mother and Ms. Becky they are going to let the boys only have ice cream for dinner. 

Mona and I are having a slumber party while the boys are out somewhere doing Lord only know what? I was drinking tea while Mona was drinking coke. Mona and I both don't want to get drunk because if something would happened we can drive still and plus Mona and Kolby are trying for a baby.  

"Well, I got a text from Kolby about an hour ago, they are at the bar with Brantley and gay farmer? Who in the hell is gay farmer?" Mona asked me. 

"Ashton." I told her. She looked over at me. 

"That's not nice to call him that. Ashton is a great guy." Mona told me. 

"And I have a feeling Brantley had a talk with Carter and Kolby about that." I told her. 

"Good. They are jack asses some times." Mona told me. I smiled at her. 

"Thank you Mona." I said to her. 

"For what baby?" She asked me. 

"For spending my last night as a single woman with me. You are my best friend." I told her. Mona held my hand. 

"And you are my best friend. Plus we are Gilbert sister's in law. We need each other." Mona told me. I smiled at her. 

"Yes we are. Can I tell you a secret." I told her. 

"Sure." Mona said to me. 

"You are the first girl friend I've ever had." I told her. She smiled at me. 

"Really." She asked me. 

"Yeah. I mean I was married at 16 with a baby. No one wanted to be my friend." I told her. 

"Well if we are telling secrets now, I should tell you mine." Mona said to me. She looked down at her lap. 

"What is it?" I asked her. 

"I was jealous of you when I first met you." Mona told me. I looked at her. 

"Me. Why?" I asked her.