o2 | him

"Jimin!" hearing his name roll on his mother's mouth made the boy hastily run on the kitchen where she was currently busy with—cooking for the presumably incoming guests for dinner

"coming mom! Aye! park jimin at your service! what can I do for you, pretty lady?" he cooed teasing his mother as he casually slid an arm on her shoulder.

"wow, that's smooth. very very smooth, I might say" the phrase made the boy laugh so hard.

"and where did you think I got that?"

"of course! you boýa, from me! now enough with this, go get the mails."

"owkey dowkey!"

jimin happily marched in-front of their door and stepped outside to get the mails. he opened the container and once all the mails were in his hands, the boy came back inside the house leaping.

"mom! i've got the mails!"

"okay, would you be a good boy and sort them out with the relevant and to be disposed ones?"

the boy's eyes widen in shock. "to be disposed?!"

his mom's eyes met his and she blinked innocently "yeah..."

"why to be disposed? what if the letter was made by one's heart?"

jimin's mother almost barfed. "Pfft. you boy, aren't you being a child? such a drama queen jiminnie, stop that heart heart thingy. besides, not all mails are always about heartfelt confessions and such. just sort out the mails, you rascal!"

"okay, whatever. yes mom."

jimin shuffled through the mails sorting each in to two sections. the bills were relevant, advertisements were to be disposed. once done he decided to give it to his mom but, as he was just about to hand the mails  that needs to be checked for the bills, a neon green envelope slipped on the floor and he read.

 Park Jimin.

the boy's brows furrowed and wonder filled his mind. he didn't ask for any delivery nor did he had any affiliates to anyone that would give him a letter.

"mom... did yo—" he had wanted to ask if the letter was for his mother and not for him. after all, the boy and his mother's names only differ in a few letters—Jirean and Jimin. he thought that maybe the sender just made a mistake in the names although, all the words he had wanted to speak were caught up in his throat when his mother faced him. the boy hesitated to open his mouth and ask his mother.

"yes?"

"um... did you. i mean, do you need help with the cooking?" the boy sheepishly smiled as he hid the envelope in his pocket.

the boy's mother gave him a look that says she disapproves, "this boy, just because your girlfriend's family is coming for dinner that doesn't mean I'll allow you to step in the kitchen. have you forgotten what happened when I left you and asked you to just boil water for me?"

"ummmm." the boy looked down as he scratched the back of his neck and started to form cold sweat.

"well, let me remind you then! the freaking pot almost exploded! so, no. i will absolutely not allow you to help!"

"sorry mom!"

she sighed, "just... just go and prepare yourself for dinner and don't forget to text your girlfriend. ask her when they'll arrive."

"yes mom!"

jimin hurriedly ran upstairs. the boy didn't know exactly why he was in such a rush— was it because in less than an hour both of his and his girlfriend's families will meet or was it because of the letter in his hand?

his hands trailed on his pocket and he stared at the paper on his hand. once he opened it, he didn't know if the letter was just a prank or not but, inside the envelope was another green scented paper. the boy's heart hammered inside him as he began to read the letter and he wasn't able to understand the reason why.

just reading the letter made his heart flutter and unconsciously grin.