13 | her

the girl reread the four letters in her hands once again

the girl reread the four letters in her hands once again. tears started to flow in her cheeks unconsciously, she really missed how his handwritting looked and it felt like a dream to recieve such things once again.

she never thought that this plan could work out.

she thought that once again they would keep them apart. the girl thought he would never see the mail. chaemin was very nervous and at the same time excited to give such a letter on the park residence knowing that it only had 0.001% of success, but it turns out that this is the start of a new hope.

the girl couldn't help but smile, beneath the tears that contimuously flowed in her eyes even if it was—or is also futile to think that they could be together again. for the time being, she was just happy for being a friend. she did not intend to complicate things for him or . . . or everything might collapse once again.

the girl touched the scribbled piece of paper. the letters may always contain suspicion and wariness because the boy might think he was talking to a complete and utter stranger but she was happy that the boy already considered her as a friend.

as the girl stared at the words, she caught a glimpse of the numbers written on the second paper, her phone was just a few inches away from her but chaemin hesitated. as much as she wanted to message jimin—it scared the shit out of her.

she would rather stay hidden in the shadows than to let him see her again.

"chaemin?" she heard, and she was certainly taken away from her train of thoughts.

"jeongguk? how did you get in here?"

"are you okay, chae?" the younger boy ignored the older's question and replied with another question, his voice tinted with worry.

"yah! i asked you first!"

the boy inched closer to the girl sitting on the side of the bed. "just tell me, are you okay?" his phrase sounded like a command rather than a question.

"i'm fine. why wouldn't i be?"

the younger boy cupped the girl's face and he stared into her eyes deeply, "who are you fooling you hoe" the boy muttered and this earned him a look from chaerin.

"yah! you muscle pig what did you just say?!"

"yah! kim fucking chaemin" the boy grumbled as he pushed the girl on her bed, immediately pinning her down as he was above her and sat on her lap.

"yah! jeongguk let me go!"

"no"

"this brat!"

"no. whatever you say I won't let you go!"

"yah!"

"you were thinking of him again, weren't you?" the boy asked, his voice faltering midway as his face contorted in pain.

"i ... look jeongguk"

"why? i'm far more better than him, chaemin. why?"

the girl never admitted and she never wanted to accept that jeongguk has a thing for her, she didn't want to give him hopes. The girl didn't want him to end up like her.

"why can't it be me?" he muttered looking at chaemin straight in the eyes.

"I- "

"jeon jeongguk! what the fuck are you doing to my sister!" both chaemin and jeongguk's head snapped on the door's direction.

"jin!"

"hyung!"

"i'll repeat it again. what the fuck are you doing to my sister?!"

{chaemin at the
multimedia lovelies!}