39 | them

"—Step up boy"

"do you think they will come?" the older boy sighed nervously before sipping in his drink.

the two young lads were currently hanging out on a cafe shop, they were waiting for the others. the older one was beyond nervous of meeting the people he pushed away and was afraid that they wouldn't accept his apology.

"we don't know," the younger one nonchalantly said as he took a bite on his cookie. his words made the older one cold sweat.

"th— that doesn't really help you know?"

"I know. . but you deserve it anyway, you were a dick back then" the other said, chuckling.

the older one's eyes widened, he didn't know if the younger one was mocking or teasing him. nonetheless, even if it was a joke— jokes are always half meant.

the older one's head hung low. "sorry . . sorry tae"

"aish! really, stop saying sorry chimchim." hearing his nickname made jimin's head shot up with a bright face.

taehyung jumped, surprised of jimin's actions."i know you're already sorry so just cut it out . . I was just teasing you"

"well it wasn't funny"

"i know but i can't help it—i'm still mad at you. i'm confused and i really want to punch and hug you all at the same time"

jimin chuckled, slinging an arm on the younger one "thanks taetae"

"if only i didn't miss you, i would have already kicked your ass because of what you've done towards us and chaem—" taehyung stopped as he felt the boy on his shoulder flinch at the mention of her name. taehyung didn't know if the other one already remembered the girl but nonetheless asked anyways.

the younger one met the older's eyes "d-do yo—" he was about to ask, but was cut once again when he saw the unreadable expression on the older and jimin suddenly became gloomy.

"h-how's chaemin been doing?" he sat up straight and fiddled with his fingers that rested atop of the table.

taehyung's eyes widened in shock as he grabbed the collar of his bestfriend, "you smol bean, YOU REMEMBER MINMIN?"

jimin was quite perplexed as he didn't knew why he was being all worked up "yeah"

"THEN WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE, IDLING?! your ass should get moving by now! don't you know that chaemin is trying to move on with jeongguk? just yesterday they ha—"

jimin's blood boiled as he knew long long time ago that jeongguk had an admiration to chaemin and this didn't help but make the boy red with jealousy. the older one clutched the younger's collar too, his face contorted into unexplainable expression. taehyung felt little and immediately lost grasp of the older.