Chapter 1: One Interesting Party

"C'mon Kelly! Holy crap! We're gonna be late!" Yelled my brother, Mat. Also known as "the famous NoochM!"
How do people call him that?!

My name is Kelly Lore. I have an older brother, Mat Lore. He thinks that I'm a child. I'm only a year younger than him! I'm 18 and he's 19. We both live under one roof in Montreal. Tonight, one of Mat's friends invited us over for a party. A party? Me? Invited? I never get invited to parties. But Mat insisted I went. He says he doesn't "trust me" at home alone. PFFT. I'd rather be at home than to be around sweaty drunk people. But since I never do get invited, I decided to look pretty tonight.

"Hurry the hell up! You take forever!" Mat said while walking into my bathroom, bumping into me.

I had a cute floral dress on with a thick brown belt around my waist. I was in the middle of doing my makeup.

"Mat. Perfection cannot be just done. It takes time." I said, teasing him.

He rolled his eyes and slumped out of the bathroom. I touched a little blush here and there and I was almost done. I let down my long, straight brown hair and walked out of the bathroom. I checked the time. Fashionably late. I went to the living room and saw Mat on twitter.

"Let's go. I'm finally done." I said to Mat.

"Let's go. YOUR MAJESTY." He said annoyed.

I guess I took longer than I thought. Mat grabbed his car keys and I slid on my wedges. Then, we went out the door. I wasn't really friends with Mat's friends. I only met them a couple times when they came over. All I know, is that I have a MASSIVE crush on Mitch. Even his name makes me have butterflies. First, I need to get along with his friends. Who am I kidding? An awesome, sweet, funny guy like him would never fall for a person like me.

The whole car ride was silent. Me and Mat don't really have normal small talk anyway. When we got there, we walked in, greeted by Tyler. He was there with his girlfriend Sadie. Now Tyler and Sadie I knew very well. They are actually one of my best friends. I fixed my dress and spoke.

"Hey guys!" I said excited.

I walked up to them and gave them both a quick, but meaningful hug.

"Hey Kelly! Hey Mat!" Tyler greeted us.

Mat gave him a quick nod and we walked in. This party was insane! Loud music, crazy drunk people, and crazy sober people. I stand around talking to Sadie for a while and suddenly I got dizzy. Maybe I was just overwhelmed by all the people here. I told Sadie I needed to sit. She nodded and went to go dance with Tyler. I grab a bottle of water and sat at the kitchen counter. I can just feel my face getting pale. Then I see Mitch walking up to me! I feel my heart stop for a brief moment.

"Hey Kelly. Are you feeling alright?" He spoke.

I guess my face was paler than I thought. But that wasn't my worry. All I could feel was butterflies. His voice. His presence. Just made me want to grab him and kiss him.

"Kelly? Did you hear me?" He asked me.

Then I realized I was daydreaming again. God dammit Kelly. He's never gonna fall for you. Stop already.

"Oh. Um. Yeah. I feel fine. Don't wor-"

And like a rock, something hit me. And everything went black.

Hey guys! I hope you guys are enjoying the first chapter so far! It's a bit longer than I suspected it but yeah! This is my first fanfic so bear with me here. Anything I could improve? I'm really loving this fanfic so far. Tell me what I could change, and what you don't like. I won't be offended! ;)

Follow my Instagram for team crafted edits and to get updates about this fanfic!
•@mrs_kelly_hughes•

•Kelly xoxo~