Chapter 3: Back at Home

They've been running tests on me for 2 days now. Was I really hit that bad? All I can say is not to mess with the bac. Their letting me out today though. I can't wait to get back to normal.

Wait. Today is Thursday. I thought to myself.

Who was gonna drive me home? Mat's visiting Aunt Theresa today. And I can't drive at this state. Then as if on cue, Mitch walks in. I've gotten more comfortable talking to him lately. But I can't help my tell myself not to mess this up.

"Hey Kelly. Mat asked me to pick you up. You ready to go?" He asks me.

I look up at him. His eyes. His smile. How can a person be so perfect?

"Yeah. Just let me change and we can go." I reply with a smile.

I walked to the bathroom, grabbing what I had in last. My floral dress. I wore this at the party. I didn't feel like wearing a dress. But I had no choice. I take off my hospital gown and put on my dress. Then, I slide on my wedges and look in the mirror. Not bad, I think to myself. After getting hit with the lamp, I look okay. Then I walked out.

"Ready!" I said excited.

I was definitely ready to leave this place. I stumbled on my steps a little bit. I think Mitch noticed because he did something I never thought he would do.

"Let me escort you, m'lady" he says while winking at me. Then he stuck his hand out.

I smile at him and grab his hand. I feel comfortable around his presence now. It feels normal. I like it. Then we walk out of the hospital, saying and waving goodbye to the nurses. We walk hand-in-hand, side-by-side to his car. We let go and Mitch opens my door and helps me in. He's so sweet. He closes my door and goes around the car to the drivers seat and turns the engine on. The song 'Love Somebody' comes on and I immediately start singing along.

"I really wanna love somebody! I really wanna dance the night away!" I sing.

I see Mitch at the corner of my eye smiling, so I don't stop. I felt happy around him. Then I got a text from Sarah.

S: Hey Kelly! I heard your out of that hospital!

K: Yeah I am. What's up?

S: we just wanted to know if you want to come to our dance rave. Jason is here with Liv, Hazel is here with Jerome, and I'm here with Preston. Why don't you come along with Mitch ;)

Sarah knew about my crush for Mitch. We always told each other these kind of things.

K: Sarah I would love to, but I still need to heal. Me and Mitch will just stay at home. Next time tho :)

S: Ouuu kill em! Have fun ;)

K: oh shut up. Byee <3

S: Later! <3

Just as I end the conversation with Sarah, we arrive at me and Mat's house. We put our things on the table, and I go to change into my PJ's. When I come out, I see Mitch sliding in a disc.

"I thought a movie would help you feel back at home." He said.

I smile and sit on the couch with him. Halfway through the movie, I yawn. Mitch looks at me and pats his lap twice. I chuckle at his idea. I slide down the couch and rest my head on his lap. I really didn't want this moment to end. I feel safe with him. And before I doze off I whisper,

"Thank you Mitch. For everything."

He looks down at me.

"No problem baby girl."

And with that, I doze off, with my head resting on his lap, and our hands interlocked.~

Here's chapter 3! I hope you guys like this chapter! The Kitch moment that the end is really cute :) Chapter 4 maybe tonight?

Team crafted Instagram:

@mrs_kelly_hughes

Personal Instagram:

@future_mrs_hughes

Be sure to follow those to get updates in this story!

Until next time!
-Kelly xoxo