Chapter 28: Happy Birthday Hayley!

Today is Hazel's birthday. I was so excited to plan this. The cake was already here, the decorations are up, and the presents are on the counter. Jerome took her out to keep her out for a while. They would be home in 10 minutes. Shoot.

"Mitch hurry! Grab the balloons! Put them over there!" I command.

Suddenly, there's a pop. One of the balloons popped. Of course. Emily and Brianna scream. I laugh.

"Joseph! Put the cake on the table! And please don't drop it!" I say.

"No promises!" Joseph says, picking up the cake.

I check the time. Not much left. We need to hurry before they get home.

"Sarah, Preston, Dylan, Mat! Please go grab the drinks from downstairs!" I say, panicking.

They quickly obey and run downstairs. Once everything is set up, we put on our party hats and sit down. We hear the door open, and stand up.

"Happy Birthday!" We yell as they walk in.

"Thanks guys! But my birthday is tomorrow.." Hazel says.

We look at each other surprised. No. This has to be the right date. I couldn't have gotten it wrong.

"Just kidding! Thanks so much guys!" She yells, running up to us.

We let out a sigh of relief and give her a huge hug. She looks around in awe. She's clearly surprised of what we did.

After hours and hours, we finally eat the cake. Hazel takes a huge bite.

"THIS CAKE IS BOOTILICIOUS!" She yells.

We all laugh. After we finish the cake, she opens the presents. Me and Mitch got her a present together. She opens our first. I hold Mitch's hand as she opens her present of a new laptop.

"OMG. I ALWAYS WANTED A NEW LAPTOP! THANK YOU!" She says, giving us both a hug.

"No problem." Me and Mitch both say in unison.

She opens all the presents. We all sing happy birthday at the end. She cries in happiness. Then, we all do the usual, playing stupid games, and facing stupid faces at each other. Then, Jerome stands up.

"I have one more special present." Jerome says.

Hazel looks happy. Jerome runs upstairs and comes back down with a box, wrapped in wrapping. He hands it to Hazel and she rips it apart. When she opens it, she finds a small box. When she opens it, she finds a bracelet. With a locket. She opens the locket and to her surprise, it shows a picture of her and Jerome. We all give our 'aww' and Hazel jumps into his arms, giving him a kiss.

"Thank you." Hazel says.

"You're absolutely welcome." Jerome replies.

The day goes in a flash. Soon enough, it was already 2 am. Me and Mitch head off to our room. But before we enter, we walk past Jerome and Hazel's room. We smirk at each other and Mitch drags me to his car. We drive off somewhere I don't know. He gets out and buys something. He comes back and laughs. I have no idea what he's doing. When we get back home, we walk towards Hazel and Jerome's door again. Mitch pulls something shiny out from his pocket. A condom. I then get his hint. We open the door and he throws the condom on the bed. Hazel and Jerome look confused.

"BIRTHDAY SEX!" Mitch yells.

"GET YOUR ASS OUT!" Hazel yells, throwing a pillow at the door.

Me and Mitch stand there laughing. We head to our room and get ready for bed. I was exhausted. I lay down and not too long after, Mitch does too. We lay there for a while until we hear laughing coming from Hazel and Jerome's room. Me and Mitch just look at each other and shrug.

"Who knows what they're doing in there." I say.

Mitch laughs. I lay next to him, incased in his arms. I throw the blanket over both of us. Not too long after, I fall asleep, to the sound of Mitch's heartbeat, and laughter.

Hey my chicken mc nigglets! I hope you liked this chapter. I'm starting to run out of ideas. Any ideas I could use? I'm sorry these are coming up so late. Homework has been catching up. Anyway, thanks for almost 2K! Again, please check out my new book Tears, Scars, and Heartbreaks!

Much luv,
-Kelly xoxo