Chapter 16: A Missed Swing

"MITCH! WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!" I hear him yell.

I look at him and I've never seen him this mad in my entire life.

"MAT PLEASE! DONT!" I yell crying.

I can feel my tears running down my face. I felt like I was broken. Just like when my mom died.

"Mat. Look. I'm sorry but we can work this out." Mitch says calmly.

CALM?! IM HERE BALLING MY EYES OUT AND HES CALM?! HE DOES REALIZE THAT MAT JUST FOUND OUT WE WERE DATING?!

Mat's face looks red as a tomato. Everyone stares around us. Then, I see Mat clench his fist. No.. He takes a swing towards Mitch's face.

"NO!" I yell, blocking Mitch.

I block Mitch and I feel Mat punch me in the face. I can help but scream and fall to the ground in pain.

"KELLY!" Mitch and Mat yell.

I lay on the cold, hard, ground. I can feel Mat's tears drip on my face.

"KELLY! I DIDN'T MEAN TO! IM SORRY!" He yells.

I smile at him, giving him an 'I forgive you' sign.

"GUYS I TOOK A COARSE ON EMERGENCY AID!" Mitch yells.

"MITCH PLEASE HELP HER! SHES GETTING PALE!" Mat screams, desperately.

Did Mat just ask Mitch for help after he tried to punch him? What the fuck is going on?!

"Kelly! Can you hear me?" Mitch says.

I nod. He smiles. I can start to see birds fly around me. Am I hallucinating?

"Do you know me? What's my name?" He asks.

"M-Mitch.." I say touching his face.

"Butterflies. Birdies!" I whisper.

I look over at Mat and he looks scared. Why? I guess he really does care.

"Ok guys. Mat do you have your keys on you?!" He says quick.

"No but I can run inside and get them!" Mat replies, standing up.

"No time. We need to go to the hospital, and quick." He says, picking me up in a bridal hold.

I see Mat nod and they run down the street together, headed for the hospital. I turn my face to Mitch's chest. I listen to his heart. Fast as a cheetah. He's running his heart out to get to the hospital. For ME. I hear Mat panting beside me. I look back at the sidewalk and see that we already are at the ER. Mitch and Mat run inside.

"SOMEONE HELP!" Mat yells.

The nurses run over.

"Quick. Follow me!" One of them say.

They follow directions and he puts me on the ER bed. The nurses hook me up to different machines I can't name.

"Are you guys relatives?" The nurse asks.

"Mat, I'm her brother. I might of accidentally punched her. Now she's hallucinating." Mat says, crying.

"Mitch, her boyfriend." He says, not hesitating.

Mat doesn't even look at Mitch for saying that. He just focuses on me. Mat runs up to me and grabs my hand.

"It's gonna be ok. I promise." Mat says.

I nod slowly. Mitch runs up to me as well. I grab both their hands. The nurses grab a mask and puts it over my nose and mouth. My eyes slowly close.

The last thing I see, Mitch and Mat's faces.

The last thing I touch, both their hands.

Then, I fall into a deep, darkness.

Hey my chicken mc nigglets! I hope you liked this chapter! It's a real cliff hanger! I decided to focus more on Mitch and Mat on this one. And for those few friends I teased and said I would end the book last chapter, I love you guys! Ahah. Seriously guys, this chapter is for you guys. Yeah I'm talking to you Sadie, Dylan and Emily! Don't kill me. All support is appreciated!

Much luv,

-Kelly xoxo