Chapter 37: Hangover

I wake up on my couch with a pounding headache. Hangover. I see all the other girls laying on the other couches. I sit up and see Sadie on the floor. Of course. I try to stand back up but fall back onto the couch. I have absolutely no energy. I don't even remember what happened. I pull the blanket at the end of the couch over my head, making the blanket go passed my feet. I stay under the blanket for a while.

Suddenly, I feel a crawling at my feet. It tickles. I shake my foot to make it stop. Not much time later, I feel it again. I remove the blanket from my head and see Sadie tickling the bottoms of my feet. I throw a pillow at her.

"Hey! You might be on a hangover but you don't have to be Katy Perry! Roar!" Sadie says, holding her hand up resembling a claw.

I laugh. I see all the other girls wake up. They all groan and touch their heads.

"Hangover huh?" I ask.

They all nod their heads. I lay back down.

"My booty isn't ready. This is my first hangover." Hazel says, sitting up.

"Oh yeah! Ms. Hazel over here is having her first hangover!" Sarah says.

Hazel puts a stank face on. I don't think she likes it. My head is pounding too.

"Hazel I know how to fix a hangover." I say.

"Tell me now woman!" She demands.

I force myself up. I stick out my hand and help her up. Everyone forces themselves up too. I lead the way as we walk to the park. I look at the monkey bars.

"Hang yourself upside down." I order.

I help her up. When she's upside down, her hair flows down.

"Are you sure this is gonna work?" Hazel asks.

"Why do you think it's called a HANG over?" Emily says, chuckling.

"Just stay there for an hour. The hangover should be done by then." Brianna says, giggling.

Then, I get a call from Mat.

"I'll be back." I say, walking over to the sidewalk.

I look back at my phone and answer it.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Hey Kelly. How you been doing?"

"I've been doing alright. You?"

"I'm fine. Are you ok? About the whole.."

"Yeah. I'm ok. Don't worry."

"Good. I'm sorry about it."

"It's ok. I need to go. The girls are hanging Hazel upside down on the monkey bars."

"Ok bye!" He finally says and hangs up.

I walk back over to the girls. Hazel's face is already as red as a tomato.

"Alright guys. Help her down." I finally say.

The girls burst out laughing. They help Hazel down. Once she's on her feet, she groans.

"I feel worse, you liar." She says, holding her head.

We laugh and walk home. When I open the door, Jason already made us breakfast. He smiles at us when he walks in.

"Hey Jason." Emily says.

"Hey guys." He replies.

We sit at the counter as he each hands us a plate. I give him a quiet thank you and eat. When we finish, we all sit on the couch.

"So what's going on with you and Mitch?" Sarah asks.

"It's complicated." I reply.

"Tell us the deets!" Sadie says.

"Well, I kissed him a week ago. I was starting to forgive him. Then, Liz sent me a video of Mitch and her in a car." I explain.

"Were they.." Hazel asks.

"No. All I saw was Mitch in the car with her. It looks like Mitch bought her coffee." I say, putting on a frown.

"Are you ok?" Brianna asks.

"I'm fine." I say.

"Ok." They all say in unison, smiling.

I walk to the bathroom and slip a tear. I feel so bad. It wasn't the fact that I lied to them that's making me feel so bad. It's the fact they believed me..

Hey guys! We are getting closer to the end! I'm so sad it's so close to an ending. By Saturday, the last chapter will be written and hopefully posted. Thanks guys for almost 4K! It means so much.

Much luv,
-Kelly xoxo