Chapter 24: Goodbye Depression

*Magical Time Skip 1 Month Later*

It's been a month without Mitch by my side. It's been a month I've been broken. It's been a month he hasn't opened his eyes. It's been a month since I've kissed him. 1 month of complete and utter disaster. Everyone left for home except for Jerome. We were always there for each other. Today, we visit Mitch again. For the 32nd time. I've been counting. When will he wake up? We drive down the road, silent. Once we get there, we say hi to Carol. She's the nurse. She's been guiding us through our hard time. I would give anything to repay her for the support she's given us. We walk into the Mitch's room. As usual, he's laying down with a cast around his arm. He did get the surgery. We pull up 2 chairs and sit together. We sat here everyday, for a month. Then, the doctor walks in.

"How are you Kelly and Jerome?" Doctor Martin asks.

"Fine. Thanks." I say.

Jerome nods. The doctor takes a seat with us. Me and Jerome look at each other.

"Well. It's been a month that Mitch was in a coma. We honestly don't know when he's going to wake up at this point. Or close to never at all. If he doesn't wake up by this week, I think we need to let him go where he needs to be." He says, sorry.

Me and Jerome just sit there. I feel tears running down my face. I look at Jerome and he's already looking at me, tears streaming down his face too. We hug each other as tight as we could.

"I'm sorry. I'll leave you two to figure things out." Doctor Martin says, standing up.

He leaves the room and me and Jerome cry our eyes out. We both grab Mitch's hand, still crying into each other's shoulder. Suddenly, I feel a twitch at my fingers. I ignore it. It was probably my depression flowing through my body, slowly killing itself. Then, I hear heavy breathing, and it wasn't me. I pull away from Jerome and see he wasn't doing it either. Suddenly, I feel the twitch again. I look back at my hand and see that Mitch was awake.

"MITCH!" We both yell.

He smiles at us. I pull him in for a hug and give him the longest kiss, that I wanted to do for a month. I pull away and see Jerome and a nurse walking in.

"Oh my. You're awake. Let me get you something's to eat." The nurse says, rushing out of the room.

"Mitch.." Jerome says.

They go in for a hug. I smile. Once they pull away Mitch looks at us funny.

"Why do you guys look so pale and skinny.." He says.

"We couldn't eat.. Or sleep.." I whisper.

"Guys..." Mitch says.

Then, the nurse comes in with a huge plate of pancakes and orange juice. Just like when I was in the hospital. Twice. Mitch eats and the doctor walks in.

"Wow. It really is true. You're awake. We really didn't think you would. It's a miracle." The doctor says.

Me and Jerome look at each other. Heavenly Father did help us. The prayers we sent were received. Then, nurses came in and began taking more tests on him.

"We will keep him here for a week. Then, we can send him home ok?" One of the nurses say.

Me and Jerome nod. Then, we stand up.

"We'll come back tomorrow. I love you." I say to Mitch, giving him a kiss.

"I love you too. Stay strong. And please eat." He says back.

Jerome and Mitch hug. Then, we leave for home. When we walk into the house we run into the kitchen. It's like suddenly we were hungry again. We search through all the cabinets. Then, we stuff our faces with chips, and bread. When we finish, Jerome burps. I punch him playfully in the arm. He laughs.

"What a relief." He says.

"Yeah." I reply.

Then, we link hands and send one last prayer.

"Thank you Heavenly Father for giving Mitch a chance. Your thoughtfulness and kindness restored Mitch back to normal. Or at least alive. We cannot thank you enough. Amen." I say.

"Amen." Jerome repeats.

I grab my phone and call Mitch's parents.

"Hello? Mr. Hughes on the line." His father answers.

"Hello Mr.Hughes. I have great news. Mitch finally woke up." I say, smiling.

"Oh goodness! We must go check on him! Thank you darling. Goodbye." He says, hanging up.

I smile at Jerome and he smiles back. What a great day. Then, he yawns. He's back to normal. I yawn too. Awesome! I'm back to normal too! We head to the bedroom and lay down.

"Back to normal!" I cheer.

"YES! I'm tired." He replies.

I laugh. Before I go to sleep, I call everyone back in Montreal. I smile at everyone's replies. I look at my lock screen. I look at Mitch's face. I put it away and close my eyes. I think of when he's finally gonna be back. Right beside me. He risked his life to save mine. I can't repay him enough. Then, I fall asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's too cold, for you here. So let m-

I hear my phone ring and answer it right away.

"Hello?" I say, quietly so Jerome won't wake up.

"Hey baby girl." Mitch says.

I smile at his voice.

"Hey babe. How you doing?" I say.

"Great! I'm still recovering my arm. I just wanted to say thanks for saving me." He says.

"What? Saving you?" I say, confused.

"Without your blood donation, my arm would've been fucked up or amputated." He says, chuckling.

I chuckle as well. I look at Jerome and see he's awake and smiling at me.

"Your welcome. It's the least I could do." I say, smiling as well.

"I need to run. More tests. Thanks again babe! Love you!" He says.

"Love you too!" I say.

Then, I hang up. I look at Jerome, stretching his arms.

"I'm hungry." Jerome says.

I laugh. Then, we walk to the kitchen and cook a couple tacos. We sit on the couch and sigh of relief.

"Goodbye depression." I say.

Jerome smiles at me. We're finally back to normal. Or at least our kind of normal.

Hey my chicken mc nigglets! I really hope you like this chapter! I'm really having bad writers block. I also wanted to say if you have snapchat, send me weird snaps! I'd love to see my readers.

Snapchat: RandomNinja123

See you guys in chapter 25!

Much luv,

-Kelly xoxo