Chapter 22: Please Wake Up

It's too cold, for you here. So let me ho-

I wake up to my ringtone.

"Hello?" I say.

It was Sadie. Of course. She obviously can't stay away from all of this.

"Hey biggums. How was the dinner date?" She asks.

"Great. It wasn't that bad. I like being fancy like!" I reply.

"Damn. I was hoping you made a complete idiot of yourself like on prom night with Ed." She says, laughing.

"Shut up! I'm leaving. Later." I say, clearly not amused.

"Fine poop face. Bye! And use a condom!" She says laughing.

I hang up. I look beside me and Mitch is already out of bed. I flip the blanket off me and brush my teeth in the washroom. After I wash and dry my face, I walk out to the living room. I see a note on the table. It reads:

Hey babe! Look behind you?

-Mitch :*

I get confused. Before I could turn around, I feel something that feels like a nerf bullet hit my butt. I gasp and turn around. I see Mitch there standing with what looks like 6 nerf guns. I grab 3 and begin shoot at him.

"I'm a ninja! You'll never get me!" He yells, running away.

Then, I shoot him directly in the back. He falls over and I walk over to him.

"Aha you bum!" I say, sticking my tongue out at him.

Then, he grabs my waist, causing me to fall on top of him. I give him a quick kiss and stand back up. I stick my hand out to help him up. He brushes his clothes off and speaks.

"Do you want to come with me to return the rental car keys?" He asks.

I nod and change into jeans, and a plain white V-neck T-shirt. Then, we head out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thank you Mr. Hughes. Have a good day." The man at the counter said.

Mitch gathered his change and put it in his pocket. Then, we leave the rental services. He opens the door for me.

"After you." He says.

"Thank you kind sir." I say, doing a curtsy.

Yes. We are still acting super fancy. I look at Mitch's apartment. It actually is just a few blocks away. Not too bad of a walk. I need to start exercising anyway. I look both ways and see Mitch right behind me, holding my waist. I cross the road, unaware of anything around me.

"KELLY WATCH OUT!" I hear Mitch scream.

I look over and see a car, going full speed at me. Suddenly, I see a body jump in front of me. All I see is smoke and fog. I hear screams from all over. My body screams in pain. Once the fog starts to clear, I see Mitch laying in front of me, knocked out cold. I instantly fill up with shock. I pull phone out and call the police.

"911, what's your emergency?" A woman says.

"My boyfriend.. He jumped in front of me to save me from a car..." I say, starting to cry.

"So you two are in a car crash?" The woman asks.

"Yes. Please help us. He looks unconscious.." I say, sobbing.

"Give me the street please." She says.

"64 Mirror Street." I reply, touching Mitch's face.

"Alright. Help is on the way." She says.

Then I hang up, sobbing in his chest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sit in the waiting room. The thought starts to sink in. Mitch just saved my life...

"Hello. My name is Doctor Martin. Are you Mitch's sister?" A doctor asks.

"My name is Kelly. I'm his girlfriend.." I say, wiping my tear away.

He takes a seat beside me. Why do I have a bad feeling? This is just like when my mom died.

"Well. Mitch is in a major concussion. We just need to keep him for tests. And we found that his arm is broken. But we do not have enough B positive blood to undergo the surgery." He says.

"I'm B positive! I can give him some blood. Please, take us much as you need. Please, just make him better.." I say, desperate.

"Follow me." The doctor says

They take 1 pint of blood. I hope that is enough to save him. I sip the water they gave me.

"Would you like to see Mitch?" The doctor asks, smiling.

I nod. I follow him to his room and see his frail body laying on the bed. He has bandages wrapped around his head, his left shoulder and his right knee. I run up to him and grab his hand. I start to cry.

"Mitch..." I start, but can't finish.

Then, I start bursting into tears. I don't know what to say.

"This is all my fault. You shouldn't have jumped.." I manage to say.

I kiss his hand and put it on my cheek. I close my eyes and think of the times we had together. Seeing his smile, hearing his laugh, kissing his lips. It all seems like a fairy tale. Does it really need to end here? I sit up and dig my face into the side of his chest, hiding myself from the world. I block myself from everyone else and start to cry even harder. I feel the tears running down my face.

"Please wake up..." I mumble under my breath.

"Please."

Hey my chicken mc nigglets! I hope you like this chapter! I literally got so emotional writing this one. Phew. Ima keep this A/N (author's note) short today. What will happen to Mitch? Also, I just want to give a heads up that I will be making this book into a 3 part series, so buckle up, we are going on a long roller coaster. I already know what to call the next 2 books!

Second Book: Never Going Down
Or: Just You and Me

Third Book: Tears to Remember

See you guys in the next chapter tomorrow! It's gonna be Friday :D

Much luv,
-Kelly xoxo (Guess this A/N wasn't so short)