Chapter 25: Freedom

*Magical Time Skip 1 Week Later*

"JEROME! WE NEED TO PICK MITCH UP!" I yell, grabbing my jacket.

"COMING!" Jerome yells back.

Then, Jerome runs down the hall, putting his gold watch on and straightening his jacket. He always dressed fancy. We head out the door and drive down to the hospital. We get there in 5 minutes. Before we walk in, me and Jerome link hands and smile at each other. We let go and walk inside.

"Hello Kelly, Hello Jerome!" Carol says.

"Hi!" Me and Jerome both say excited.

Then, we walk to Mitch's room. Lucky number 40. It's our 40th visit. We step into his room. Mitch is sitting on his bed, checking his phone.

"Hey.." Jerome says.

"Oh hi." Mitch replies.

I walk up to him and he puts down his phone. He grabs my hand. I squeeze it tight.

"Ready to leave this place?" I ask.

He nods. I smile at him. Then, the nurse walks in and starts taking out the iv. Once she finishes, she allows Mitch to change into his normal clothes. Mitch slowly gets up and walks into the bathroom. Me and Jerome wait around for a while. Finally, he comes out of the bathroom wearing the clothes he wore when he saved my life. He smiles at me. I smile back. Then, he grabs his jacket and we head out of his room.

"Thanks for everything Carol." I say, holding Mitch's hand.

"No problem. Have a great day guys!" Carol replies.

Then we walk out of the hospital. Before we go home, we walk around in the garden, right across from the hospital.

"FREEDOM!" Mitch yells, out of nowhere.

Me and Jerome laugh. We all sit down on the bench. We sigh of relief. I rest my head of Mitch's shoulder. After 5 minutes, we get up. I look at Mitch. He looks happy. He looks down at me. I give him a kiss.

"If you guys are gonna do this, do it in private. NO PDA!" Jerome yells.

We pull away and laugh. Then, we hop in the car and drive home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I open the door and Mitch runs inside.

"Careful Mitch. Your arm is still broken." I say, looking at his arm that isn't in a cast anymore. It's wrapped in bandages.

He smiles at me and runs into bed. He sighs. Me and Jerome just look at him. Happy as ever. I recap the month. It was horrible. But when Mitch woke up for the first time in 4 weeks.. It was like falling in love all over again. It was like seeing his eyes for the first time. Absolutely magical.

"Why don't we start packing and get back home?" Jerome says, pulling out 3 plane tickets.

I chuckle and punch him in the arm playfully.

"Let's get packing." I say, grabbing my suitcase.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We put our stuff up on the shelves. I can't believe Jerome got us V.I.P tickets on our flight. We set our stuff down and get comfortable. I pull out my phone and earbuds. I slide one in so I could partially hear. I see Mitch looking at me at the corner of his eye.

"What?" I say, smiling.

"You look beautiful." He says.

I lean in and kiss him. It never felt so good to kiss him again. When we pull away, we see a man looking at us. Yeah yeah. PDA. Get over it and move on with your life!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We took off about an hour ago. Jerome fell asleep and Mitch is on his laptop, editing a video he recorded. I'm still listening to music. I look out the window and see the clouds. You have no idea how much I want to know what a cloud actually feels like. I'm weird. How do I have a boyfriend? I ignore the weird thoughts that is my brain. I think I got dropped as a baby. I continue looking out the window. This plane ride is boring. Then, I pull my laptop out from my backpack. I see Mitch look at me. I smile at him. I see Mitch switch his editing program to Minecraft. I get his hint and open my Minecraft up. We play Hunger Games for an hour. The last game we play are me and him about to go to the D.

"WE'RE GOING TO THE D!" Mitch shouts, loud but not too loud.

"Ima whoop your ass!" I say.

"Language young miss." He says, laughing.

"I'm very sorry kind sir but I didn't go to Harvard to be all kind like. I went to learn how to whoop your ass at the Hunger Games!" I reply.

Then, we fight off 2 guys easily. At this point he had a diamond sword and I had a iron axe.

"This one is for the bac." I say, before I attack.

Then, we pounce at each other. Suddenly, I went from 10 hearts to 4. I quickly use the circle strategy Mitch told everyone about. I kill him in an instant.

"YEEEEEEAHHHH BOOOOY!" I yell.

"HOW?!" He asked, clearly surprised how I killed him.

"This is why you don't tell everyone about your little circle strategy." I reply.

Then, he ends his recording. I browse YouTube for a short while. Then, the plane starts to rumble.

Hey guys! I guess I did post a new chapter! I've been feeling better lately. Thanks to my amazing friends. Quick mini shoutout to these amazing friends.

Sarah, Dylan, Jai, Hazel, Sadie, and Sheyla.

I also want to announce the 100th voter! It was this amazing person that supported me from the start. A person that voted and read from all the way back at chapter 1! When I only had like 50 reads!

100th vote: hfinbox58

Thanks so much for 1.5k and 100 votes. I love you all so much!

Much luv,

-Kelly xoxo