Chapter 40: Final Chapter

I told Mitch to leave me alone 2 days ago. He hasn't texted me or called me since then. I sigh as I lay on my bed. I'm actually worried about him. I wonder what's up.

I get up and look at my phone. Pictures and pictures on my camera roll of both of us. I turn off my phone immediately. What if he was really telling the truth. He does love me. He wouldn't lie to me.. Right?

I flop back onto my bed. I don't know what to do. Then, I hear the door open. I look behind me.

"Kelly? Are you ok?" Jason asks.

I run into Jason's arms.

"I don't know what to do anymore. I don't know if I trust Mitch." I mumble into his chest.

"Listen, go with what your heart tells you. It might sound cheesy, but it's the only way." He replies.

I pull away from him. I smile and he smiles back.

"Thank you." I say.

"Anytime. I'm gonna go to the gym. I'll be back later." He says, walking out.

I sit on my bed for the next 2 hours, browsing YouTube. Then, I hear the doorbell ring. Was Jason back already? I quickly get up. I run to the door and open it. I immediately regret it.

"Mitch?" I say, confused.

He stands there with a bouquet of roses. Were those for me?

"Kelly please listen." He says.

He grabs my hand, and I strangely accept it.

Go with what your heart tells you.

I look into his eyes. They sparkle just like the day I met him.

"Kelly, I would do nothing to hurt you. I wouldn't ever cheat on you. I love you so much. I can't even go to sleep at night knowing that you aren't beside me anymore. Please Kelly. Please come back to me." He says, pleading with his eyes.

I stand there and think for a while. Should I forgive him? I still love him. But what if he's really lying?

"But when Liz kissed you, you didn't pull away. Instead you stood there with her." I say, slipping a tear.

"Kelly, I didn't know what to do. I was in shock. Please." He says, tightening his grip.

"I know you love me.. But what if you go in shock the next time? How will I know you won't kiss another girl?" I say, but I immediately regret it.

Mitch's eyes go from sincere to furious. He let's go of my hand and takes a few steps back.

"You know what? This was a waste of time. I spent so much time thinking about you when you won't even believe me?! I'm done." He says, throwing the bouquet of flowers on the ground.

Then, he stomps out of the house, closing the door. I stand there, in shock. I lean down and pick up one of the flowers. Suddenly, memories start to flow back.

*Flashbacks*

I look at myself in 3rd person. I'm at the party. Mitch comes closer to me. He says a few words. I say a couple back and suddenly get knocked out. I watch Mitch catch me as people start surrounding us.

I sit next to Mitch, watching a movie. I let out a yawn. Mitch pats his lap and I lay down. Then, we link hands and fall asleep together.

"Hey Kelly, can I talk to you?" Mitch asks.

I see myself and him at Disneyland. We walk to the fountain and I speak.

"Mitch just te-" I start to say.

Then, Mitch pulls me in for a kiss. Our first kiss. The kiss that changed my life.

"Kelly can you hear me?" I hear him ask.

I lay on the cold hard ground. I nod and touch his face. Suddenly, he scoops me up and him and Mat run to the hospital.

I aim at Mitch. We shoot nerf bullets at each other. We were so happy. He falls to the ground. He grabs my ankle causing me to fall too. We both laugh. Then, I kiss him.

I watch Liz and Mitch stand to talk in private. I know where this is going. After a couple minutes, I get up to use the bathroom. As I turn the corner, to my horror, I see Mitch and Liz kissing. I storm out of the house crying and not looking back.

*Flashbacks Over*

I stare at the rose in my hand. I let my tears flow down my face. The tears hit the rose. I look up at the door. He's gone. One of the only people that understood me. I just let him go. He was the other side of me..

What have I done..

-End Of Book One-

A/N PLEASE READ!

The last chapter of book 1! I'm so happy about this book. I've came such a long way. I'm not gonna ramble for very long but I wanted to thank a couple people for sticking with me.

Sadie (Luv2Write4All)
Emily
Hazel
Dylan
Jai
Joseph

I'm sorry if I missed any people! The next book will be called Just You and Me! Be sure to look out for that!

We ended this book with:

5.17K reads and 247 votes.

Thank you so much to all my readers and supporters. I love you guys so much.

Other Side Of Me:
11/5/13 - 12/14/13

This is the last sign off guys :'(

Much luv,
-Kelly xoxo