Chapter 2: How? Where? Why?

I woke up to Mat, mumbling something to himself. A prayer? Why would he do that. Where am I? I shuffle my head to sit up and Mat raises his head almost immediately.

"OH MY GOD. YOU'RE AWAKE!" He yells.

Then my head starts to clear. I was at Tyler's house. I was talking to Sadie. I felt dizzy and sat down. Mitch was talking to me and I got hit with something..

As soon as I got my surroundings, Mat jumped up and hugged me so tight that I could barely breath. But I hugged him back anyway. He hasn't hugged me like this since.. Mom died.

*Flashback*

Me and Mat were sitting in a hospital. We were waiting for the results. We just sat there. No sound. Just waiting. Then the doctor walked out the door. We both shot out of our seats.

"Mr and Ms Lore?" The doctor asked us.

We both nodded. Then he sat down, as we did too. I had a bad feeling.

"Well. Your mother. The wound is worse than we thought. We couldn't get the bullet out in time. I'm sorry. But your mother has passed." The doctor said with a sorry look on his face.

Mat and I looked at each other's eyes. Then we bursted out crying. We hugged each other so tight, I didn't think we could even breath. Then we walked into the room. The room where I saw my mother last. She was lying on the operating table. Dead. Me and Mat couldn't take it anymore. And we cried together in each other's embrace.

*Flashback Over*

The thought of that hits me hard. And I shake my head lightly, brushing the thought away. Mat pushes the "help" button on the hospital bed and yells outside that I was awake. Who was here for me? Then, one by one, they all rushed in. Tyler with Sadie, Jason with his girlfriend Liz, Preston, and Jerome. I guess they were the ones who saw me wipe out. Then, Mitch walks in. I feel like I'm gonna puke.

"How are you feeling Kelly?" Jerome asks me.

"Fine? I guess.." I reply a little confused. "What happened?"

"Well. I was. Let's just say I had a little too much to drink and might have knocked you out with a lamp. Luckily, prince Mitch was there to catch you. Sorry." Jerome says with a sorry look on his face.

Mitch caught me? Now I'm really feeling nauseous.

"Look Jerome. It's alright. I forgive you." I say grinning. "How long was I out anyway?"

"About 3 days. Jerome knocked you out cold" Mitch answered.

We all laughed. Then the nurse walks in with a huge plate of pancakes and a glass of orange juice. Suddenly, Sarah bursts in.

"Oh my god." She says.

But I pretend to ignore her.

"What am I chopped liver?" She says with a sad look on her face.

Then we burst out laughing. She gives me a hug. Me and Sarah have been friends for the longest time. We told each other never ending secrets about her and Preston. She always liked Preston. Now their dating. What can I say? Cupid in the house. Then Hayley walked in. I call her Hazel. I gave her a hug too. Then she sat on her boyfriend Jerome's lap and gave him a kiss on the cheek. Meanwhile me, Mitch and Mat sat there like loners.

"Woah! So many people here to see me?" I said surprised. I never had this much people care for me. Or at least I never realized it.

"Yup! We love you Kelly! We were so worried!" Said Mat, looking as if he were to cry. I have him a huge hug and began to tear up too. Then I whispered in his ear

"I love you too, you nub."

And we both laughed. I looked at my pancakes. Then I took my fork and took a bite out of it. I looked around the room. So many people here for me.

"I love you guys." I said quietly.

"We love you too." They all said in unison.

I took another bite out of my huge pancake stack and Mitch walked over and sat beside me on the hospital bed. Here it comes again.

The butterflies.

Hey guys! It's me, Kelly with another update! This chapter is a little longer than I expected it to be. I really hope you guys like this one. The flashback really got to me. I'm so happy with this chapter.

Go follow boyarianator101 !
He's writing an amazing fanfic about Ariana Grande and Harry Styles :O Love you poopie <3
😂😘

And Sadie, if you're reading this, thanks for putting me in that fanfic of yours ;) Luvvv youuu 😘

That's it for this chapter guys. Be sure to follow my team crafted account on Instagram:
@mrs_kelly_hughes
And my personal:
@future_mrs_hughes

Until next time!
-Kelly xoxo