Chapter 20: Preparation

We finally landed in Pennsylvania. After a long flight, we're in the airport.

"Where are we going now?" I ask Mitch.

"My apartment. It's not too far from my parents house." He replies.

I nod and walk with him. He leads the way and we call a taxi. We shove our luggage into the trunk and hop in.

"Where to?" The taxi driver says.

"27 Husky Road please." Mitch says.

The taxi driver nods and he starts the engine. I look out the window and see all the tourist spots. When we drive passed the museum, I look carefully. World's biggest tire! Cool! Woman with the most piercings! Awesome! World's largest gum ball! ...Gross..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright here it is! $20 please!" The taxi driver says.

Mitch hands him a 20 dollar bill and we step out, grabbing our luggage. We walk into a huge apartment complex. He specifically chooses the 2nd one out of 4. We enter and a man greets us.

"Hey! Mitch! Where have you been?" The man says.

"Hey, Greg! Nice to see you again! I've been living with my friends for a while! This is Kelly, my girlfriend." Mitch says, pointing to me.

"Greg. I own this building. You are a lucky girl! But be careful, this one is a prankster!" Greg says.

"Oh I know! He pied me in the face once!" I shout, laughing.

"Haha. He's a keeper! Enjoy your stay!" He replies.

We wave goodbye at Greg. Then, we take an elevator to the 12th floor. Once we get to the 12th floor, Mitch leads us to apartment number 772. He opens the door and I'm shocked to see how big it was!

"Make yourself at home!" Mitch yells.

"HEY! YOUR BACK KID! KEEP YOUR YAPPER DOWN!" A cranky man, next door yells.

Me and Mitch laugh silently. Then, he leads us to a room that looks like his bedroom. We set our stuff down and begin unpacking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well Mitch left me packing by myself for 30 minutes now. He gave up by the first shirt he put away. So I took the liberty to put both our stuff away. I fold the last shirt and put it in the drawers. I walk out and see Mitch on the couch, with a sandwich.

"I MADE A SANDWICH! AND I MADE YOU ONE TOO!" Mitch says, overly excited.

"Thanks babe!" I say, looking at the sandwich on the table.

I walk to the kitchen and see that it was a complete mess already. There was lettuce all over the counter, bread crumbs all over the floor, and the smell of smoked ham. I sigh and start cleaning the kitchen. After 10 minutes of cleaning the mess, I grab my sandwich and join Mitch on the couch.

"What took you so long?" Mitch asks.

"Cleaning. YOUR kitchen." I say, laughing.

I take a bite out of my sandwich and stare at the TV. It has something with no interest to me. I don't even know why Mitch is watching this. Then, Mitch finally speaks.

"So my parents are super high class.." Mitch says.

"What happened to you?" I say, teasing him.

He smiles at me. Then, he looks at the wall, trying to think.

"Well. You need to make a good impression. Dress classy, eat classy, talk classy." He says, seriously.

"Well. I already do that. So no problem!" I reply, giggling.

He puts his arm around me. I shuffle myself closer to him.

"Seriously babe, please." He says, desperately.

"Alright. Let's go buy us new clothes then!" I say, finishing up my sandwich.

Mitch nods and turns off the TV. I place both our plates in the sink and head for the door. I grab my clutch and swing the strap over my shoulder. I make sure my money is in there and slip my phone in. I see Mitch come up behind me and I put on my favourite pair of sneakers and we head out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How's this one?" I say, walking out of the change room.

I wear a light pink strapless dress that goes down to my knees. It has a sweetheart neckline with a fitted waist.

"I like it. But it might be a little too bright for the occasion." Mitch says.

I was starting to get fed up searching for dresses. I nod at Mitch and go back to the dressing room. I realized I liked this dress too much, so I'm buying it. I put on my next dress. It's a navy blue strapless dress exactly like the pink one. I walk out and I see Mitch wide eyed.

"Perfect. That's the one." He says.

I smile at him and change back into my normal clothes. I walk outside with 2 dresses. Mitch looks at me funny.

"I like this dress too much to let it go." I say, pointing to the pink dress.

He nods and we walk up to the cashier. She scans both the dresses.

"$400 please." She says.

I pull out my money and look up. I see Mitch already paid the lady. I look at Mitch with a guilty face. I really didn't want him to keep paying for me. I grab the bag and we walk home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once we get home, he drags me to the kitchen table. It's already set up with a whole bunch of different spoons and bowls.

"I will teach you how to be fancy like." He says.

I sit down and he begins to speak. He goes on about what spoons to use and how to act when being served. Then he speaks on how to speak at the table.

"You are a fast learner!" He says, excited.

"Why thank you kind sir!" I reply.

Then I take the melon balls in the bowl and start flinging them at Mitch. One lands directly in the middle of his face.

"Excuse me young lady, but I don't think that is the way you are supposed to use melon balls!" He says, in a fancy accent.

I laugh as he throws melon balls up in the air, trying to catch them in his mouth. Then, out of nowhere, he throws one at my face. He runs away and I chase him around the apartment.

"HEY KEEP IT DOWN!" We hear the neighbour yell.

We laugh as he runs towards me. I stick my leg out and he trips, falling to the ground. Then, he grabs my leg causing me to fall too. We both laugh on the ground. I look over at him. He's looking at me. He leans in and gives me a kiss. I wrap my arms around him. Embracing every second I have.

Hey my chicken mc nigglets! I hope you liked chapter 20! Really?! Chapter 20 already! Awesome! Last time I checked, I had 952 reads! I just want to thank you guys for reading my book. We hit 900 this morning! Shall we hit 1K by tomorrow? I love you guys! All support is appreciated!

Much luv,

-Kelly xoxo