Chapter 26: A Hero, To Me

I grab Mitch's hand and Jerome wakes up in a jolt. We all look at each other.

"Guys? Did you feel that?" I ask.

They nod. Then, we hear the speakers.

"Attention passengers. We are experiencing some turbulence. The flight will be delayed for a couple hours." The pilot says.

We all sigh and of each other hands. I thought Joseph was gonna bomb our plane our something. He always made jokes about that. Or at least I thought they were jokes. I look back at my laptop. I specifically look at the time at the bottom. 5:30 PM. We were supposed to be back in Montreal by 8:00 PM. Now we're delayed. Greeeaaat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally, we landed. I put my laptop in my backpack and grab my luggage. We step off the plane and look into the night sky. Mitch checks his phone. I don't look at the time, like he's doing. I look at his lock screen. It's a collage of pictures. Memories start to flood back. One picture is of us in high school. We were in all the same classes. Another picture is of us after we had our first kiss. I smile at his lock screen and walk into the airport. We immediately see the exit. Right before we walk out, I yell.

"GUYS! I WANT STARBUCKS! I WANT STARBUCKS!"

Then, I run over to the Starbucks store. I order a white chocolate mocha. Once the drink comes, I run back over to the boys. I sip my drink happily.

"Hey! I want some!" Mitch yells.

"Mitch keep it down. People are looking." I reply.

"I WANT DRINK! I WANT DRINK!" He shouts, super loud.

"Fine. Just stop yelling!" I say, laughing.

I let him take a sip out of my straw. Then, we walk out and into a taxi.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We open the door and the lights are all off. Everyone is asleep already? Weird. Then, we turn on the lights. Suddenly, I feel someone knock me to the ground. I quickly push the person off, rolling on top, and ready to strike. A little self defence move I learned. I quickly realize who it is.

"HAZEL! YOU'RE BACK!" I yell, giving her a hug.

She returns the hug and gets up, running over to Jerome. She gives him a kiss and hugs him.

"Hazel!" Jerome shouts.

Then, everyone from both the houses walk out behind the wall. I run up to them and give them all hugs. I look at Mat and give him a extra big hug.

"I missed you!" He says.

I smile at him. Then I look back to Hazel. Jerome's arm is around her.

"Hazel! Why are you here? I thought that your parents needed help!" I ask.

"Well. My parents are fine now! I'm moving in!" She says excited.

We jump around, excited. I was so happy Hazel was back. I missed her so much.

"I'm going to bed. I'm super jet lagged." I say, walking upstairs

"Me too!" Jerome and Mitch yell in unison.

Me, Hazel, Mitch, and Jerome run up the stairs. I see Hazel already set her stuff in Jerome's room. I go into our room and decide I was going to unpack tomorrow. Me and Mitch both take showers and hop into bed.

"Finally back at home." He says, changing out his bandages.

"Yeah. I know." I reply.

Then we lay down. We lay in silence for a while. Then, we hear the rest of them walk to their rooms.

"USE A CONDOM!" We hear from Sarah, Sadie, and Preston.

We laugh at their joke. I turn off the lamp at our bedside and rest my head, right beside Mitch's body, right under his arm. He puts his arm around me.

"You know, I heard you talking when I was blacked out." He says, breaking the silence.

"Oh really? What did I say?" I reply, looking up at him.

A small pocket of light flashes over his face from the window. It makes his eyes glisten beautifully.

"You were crying.. You told me that I shouldn't have jumped. You also said it was also your fault." He says.

"It was my fault.. You really shouldn't have jumped." I say, starting to choke up.

"Don't say that. It wasn't your fault. And I couldn't live with myself if I just let the one I love get hit by that car." He says, starting to choke up too.

"Love? Really?" I say, surprised.

My past relationships weren't very well. People say they love me, they support me, they would always be there.. But they aren't. I'm always used. When Mitch said he loved me. I immediately feel the same about him.

"Of course. You are my one and only, I love you Kelly." He says, smiling.

I dig my face into the side of his chest. I smile. He pulls me in tighter.

"I love you too Mitch. You're my hero."

"No I'm not. I'm just your boyfriend that cares for you very much." He replies.

"Well, you're a hero.. To me." I say.

He smiles. He holds my hand. And with that, we fall asleep together, hand-in-hand.

Hey my chicken mc nigglets! I hope you liked chapter 26! There's really not much to say. This A/N is short. I just need to say 1 more thing..

Hazel, if your reading this, I want you to know I love you soo much! I know that you're the one I can trust for sure. I know we are so far away from each other, but we connect like we're sisters. You mean the world to me and you know that. Every time you're sad, it kills me inside. Keep shaking that booty! It's bootiful. (;

Much luv,
-Kelly xoxo