Chapter 39: Why Are You Here?

I wake up on the same couch I crashed on. I have an even bigger headache than last time. I force myself up and get ready in the bathroom. I brush my teeth and hair. I clean my face up and walk outside. I see Jason coming out of his room.

"Morning. Where did you go last night?" He asks.

"I saw Mitch. Or I didn't. I don't know if I hand too much to drink or if he was really there." I say.

He opens his arms for a hug. I accept it. He brings me to the kitchen and heats the stove.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"Today is Sunday. It's pancake day!" He shouts, super excited.

I smiled at him. Back in high school, we used to meet up every Sunday to make pancakes. He places the pan on the stove and gets the left over pancake mix in the fridge. He pours the pancake mix on the pan and we wait. I grab the spatula from the drawer and dig at the edges, making sure it's ready.

"Ready." I say.

"Brace yourself for impact!" Jason shouts, taking a step back.

I pick up the pan and count down from 3. Then, I throw the pancake, high into the air. I grip the handle tight and watch the pancake land perfectly on the pan.

"WOOOOOOO I DID IT!" I yell.

"Whatever. I can do better." He says, rolling his eyes.

I pick up the pancake once it's finished and put it on my plate. I watch Jason pour more batter on the pan. When it's ready, he nods at me. He throws the pancake in the air. He sticks his hand out, trying to catch it.

He fails miserably. I laugh as I see the pancake land on his foot.

"I can do better." I say, mocking him.

He pushes me playfully. We finish up making our pancakes and set them on the table. Suddenly, there's a knock on the door. I stand up and open it. Mitch.

"Why are you here?" I ask.

"We need to talk." He replies.

I nod and walk outside with him.

"Kelly. Tell me why you aren't talking to me? I thought you forgave me after the kiss.." He starts.

I start to cry. He doesn't understand.

"You don't know do you?!" I say, pulling out my phone.

I slide it and choose the video. I shove my phone in his hands and he watches it. When the video ends, he hands the phone back to me.

"Listen, I just went out with Liz to get coffee and to clear things up! It was nothing more!" He says.

"Yeah, sure." I say, wiping away a tear.

"Baby, please. You know I wouldn't lie to you. I love you so much." He says, looking at me with his eyes pleading.

I start to believe him. But I can't get back with him. I just can't. I can't find the reason why though.

"I- I... I can't." I say, running back into the house.

I force myself to hold back the tears. I wipe away the remaining and put a smile on my face. I sit at the counter with Jason. I pick up my fork, and begin to eat my cold pancakes.

OMG SWEET BABY JESUS! 1 Chapter left! Now that I think of it, it's so sad to think that it's gonna end. :( Last chapter tonight?

Much luv,
-Kelly xoxo