Chapter 19: A Special Trip

Beep Beep Beep Be-

I wake up to my alarm clock. I roll over and see Mitch, who is now sharing a room with me, still sleeping. I get out of bed and walk into the bathroom. I take a quick shower and get dressed. I wear a pair of shorts, matched with a BajanCanadian T-shirt. You know, you gotta stay classy. I put my hair into a messy bun and walk outside. I go downstairs, and see everyone is already awake.

"Morning sis!" Mat says.

"Morning." I reply.

I sit at the counter and Mat slides over a plate of pancakes, eggs, and bacon. When I finish, I see Mitch walk downstairs. I put my plate in the sink and suddenly, hands cover my eyes.

"Guess who?" A voice says, that I clearly know.

"Is it Doctor Phil? It's Doctor Phil isn't it?!" I yell, causing Mitch to laugh.

I turn around and give him a kiss. Once we pull away, he grabs my hand and pulls me where no one could hear. I look at him with a confused face.

"My parents called his morning. They want me to visit, and I want you to come." He says.

"Of course! But aren't your parents all the way in Pennsylvania?" I ask.

"Yeah, which is why, we need to pack!" He says, dragging me to the living room.

I see everyone sitting around, with their heads turned. I grab Mitch's hand and he quickly links his fingers with mine.

"Kelly? Are you ok?" Preston asks.

"Me and Mitch are going to Pennsylvania to visit his parents today." I say, looking down at the floor.

Mat quickly stands and walks over to me.

"You guys are going by yourselves?" He starts.

"Mat, I'm 19. And Mi-" I say, but get cut off.

"Go. Have fun." He says, smiling.

Me and Mitch look at each other in surprise. Mat let us go to a different country by ourselves? Something was up.

"Really Mat?" Mitch asks.

"Yeah. You guys need to go pack. Go." Mat says, sitting back down.

Then, me and Mitch run upstairs and begin to pack.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We grab our bags and head downstairs. Pennsylvania for a week without Mat. Im actually gonna miss him.

"I'm gonna miss you guys!" I say, giving Sarah and Sadie a hug.

They return the hug. Then, I give all the guys one final wet willy before I leave.

"Bye doofus'!" I shout.

Mat's already waiting in the car. Me and Mitch wave to everyone and pack our luggage in the trunk. Then, we're off to the airport.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm gonna miss you Mat!" I say, hugging him.

"Stay safe sis! Stay with Mitch the whole time!" He muffles, in my shoulder.

We pull away and he looks at Mitch.

"Make sure she's safe. It's on you bro. I trust you." He says.

"Yeah yeah Mat. Let's go Mitch! We're gonna miss our flight!" I shout.

We wave at Mat and enter the airport. We enter Terminal 4 and head to security.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It took us an hour to get passed security but we finally got on board. Mitch helps me put my luggage away and we sit down.

"Off to see my parents!" Mitch says, excited.

Parents. Parents. Mitch's voice echo's in my head.

*Flashback*

"SHUT THE FUCK UP BITCH!" I hear my dad yell.

I immediately shoot up from my bed and walk to Mat's room.

"Mat?" I whisper.

I look at him and see him crawled up crying. I run up to him and join him.

"Mom.. Dad... They're fighting again." Mat says, trying to pull himself together.

I grab Mat's hand. He squeezes it tight. We slowly walk down the stairs together.

"TONY! YOU NEED TO STOP!" Mom yells.

We stand there. I don't think they could see us. Then, we see dad punch the wall, in frustration. He looks at the cabinet and searches through it, then in the drawers.

"Fuck you bitch. See you in hell." Dad says.

Then, he pulls out a gun and fires at mom.

"MOM!" Me and Mat yell.

Then, dad runs out the door, like a lightning bolt. Me and Mat run up to mom.

"Kids.." She says, holding her stomach.

Me and Mat sit there crying our eyes out.

"Take care of yourselves. Don't let me get in your way. Get as far away from dad as possible. Be safe. I love you..." She slowly says.

Then, she slowly closes her eyes, but I still feel her heartbeat.

"MAT CALL 911!" I yell.

He immediately responds and pulls his phone out.

"Mom.." I whisper, tears dripping down my face, hitting hers.

I hear Mat hang up and we sit on the ground, covered in her blood, listening to the sirens.

*Flashback Over*

"Kelly? Are you ok? Did you hear me?" Mitch says, looking at me.

I can feel tears drip down my face. I look at Mitch and wrap my arms around him, bursting into tears. Mitch immediately wraps his arms around me too.

"I'm sorry." I hear Mitch say.

He knows. He was one of the first few people he told. After a minute or so, I pull myself together. I look at him and it looks like he's been tearing up too.

"I got slobber on your sweater.." I whisper.

Mitch chuckles lightly.

"Thank you Mitch. For being there for me. I love you." I say.

"I love you too Kelly." Mitch says back.

I lean in for a kiss and when our lips meet, I hear 2 children make weird noises.

"EW! THATS DISGUSTING!" One of them say.

I laugh in between our kiss and so does Mitch. We pull away and I rest my head on his shoulder. Then, I grab his hand.

"Attention passengers! We are about to take off. Please sit down and fasten your seat belts. Thank you and enjoy your flight." We hear the pilot say.

I look out the window and wipe the rest of my tears away.

Here we go..

Hey my chicken mc nigglets! Hope you like chapter 19 with the flashback drama! It was a little sad to write I must say. I hope you liked it regardless and I'm sorry if the chapter offended you. No harm was meant to be put. Thank you though for 800 reads! We are only 200 away from 1K! It's amazing. Thank you to all my readers and all my friends that support me. (Sadie, Emily, Joseph, Manoop, Dylan, Jai, Sarah, and Susan!) And also a big FUCK YOU! To all of those who put down my book. You know who you are. See you in chapter 20!

Much luv,

-Kelly xoxo