Chapter 21: Fancy Parents

I'm in the bathroom, getting ready for the dinner. I need to make a good impression. I plug in the curling iron and wait for it to heat up. I put on a little foundation, concealer, and powder it down. I usually never put on this much makeup. But, it's for the occasion. I brush on a black and grey eyeshadow and smoke it out. I add mascara and blush. Then, to top it off, I put on pretty pink lip colour. Once I finish, I start curling my hair. I put them in cute, soft, elegant curls. I look at myself in the mirror.

"Almost done." I whisper.

I grab my navy blue dress and slide it on. I spray on perfume, just enough to give a slight smell. I grab my clutch and put in a couple pieces of makeup, then I walk out of the bathroom. I walk into the living room and see Mitch absolutely stunning. He wears a black suit with a grey tie. I never seen him like this before. His parents are really high class. He walks up to me and holds my hand.

"You look gorgeous." He says, looking at me.

"You look stunning!" I say back to him.

He smiles at me and gives me a kiss. Then, I slide my phone into my clutch. I put on my dark blue heels, and we head out the door. We walk to the elevator and hop in Mitch's rental car. I look out the window. The sky looks absolutely beautiful. The stars are glistening in the dark blue sky. I look at the road and see city lights everywhere, filled with cars. Mitch starts the car, and he slowly drives to his parents house. Once we pull up to his parents drive way, I can see Mitch start to get worried. I start panicking myself. I grab his hand for a brief moment.

"It's gonna be ok." I say.

"Yeah." He says, worried.

We step out of the car and walk up to their door. Before we knock, I flatten my dress and look into the reflection of my phone.

"Do I look ok?" Mitch says.

I lick my finger and point it towards his face. He quickly swats it away.

"What the fudge?" He says.

"You look fine. C'mon let's get this over with." I reply, smiling.

Mitch knocks on the door. After a brief moment, someone opens the door. A little boy with a suit on opens it.

"HEY! What's up Connor? My man!" Mitch says.

I smile at him. He was such a good big brother. We walk in. Wow. This house was cleaned to the very last spot. A huge chandelier sits above our heads. This was the fanciest house I've ever been in.

"Hello son! Good to see you again!" His mother says.

Mitch smiles and nods.

"And who is this young lady?" His father says, looking at me.

I start to get nervous. I try to remember what Mitch taught me.

"Kelly Lore. It is a pleasure to meet you Mr. And Mrs.Hughes." I say, sticking my hand out for a handshake.

"Well it is always a pleasure! C'mon! Let's eat!" Mr.Hughes says.

I look at Mitch and he smiles. Then, we walk over to the dinning room. On the table was stacks and stacks of food. Mitch pulls my chair out and I sit down. I smile at him and he sits beside me. Mitch's parents sit down with us, as well as Connor.

"So, tell us what you do for a living dear." His Mother says.

"At the moment, I do not have a job. I do enjoy writing novels and hope that someday, it will be published. I also do study literature." I say, nervously.

"Amazing. Intelligent girl." His father says.

I look at Mitch. He smiles at me and grabs my hand from underneath the table.